StarCocoon Hammock Sleepng Bag".

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
Some people on hammockforums.net have snipped their Hennessy ridgeline and rejoined it with a carabiner. This allows them to unclip the ridge and flip the netting to the underside of the hammock.
I personally feel this is a waste, as a top loading hammock can be made within half an hour with no sewing.
However, this would allow a sleeping bag to surround a hennessy.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
The good thing is when it's cold enough that you'd need to use it, you don't need a mossie net.

I'm not so sure about that Andy :cool: especially about this time when it's warm enough in the morning and evening for the buggers to come out but there's still that chill factor in the wee hours to fully warrant an underblanket.

Saying that I have the GB hammock and GB net and together with my homemade underblanket I tend to use them these days rather than my DD so it's all a bit of a moot point for me but I'm interested to keep abreast of hammocking developments :D

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I'm not so sure about that Andy :cool: especially about this time when it's warm enough in the morning and evening for the buggers to come out but there's still that chill factor in the wee hours to fully warrant an underblanket.

Saying that I have the GB hammock and GB net and together with my homemade underblanket I tend to use them these days rather than my DD so it's all a bit of a moot point for me but I'm interested to keep abreast of hammocking developments :D

You're right Matt, but I meant cold enough to want to totally cocoon yourself :D - admittedly most mornings for me - even up here it's fine now with the regular underblanket and quilt - and the midgies have only started rising.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Well, sadly there does not seem to be enough interest at the moment. So will put this on the back burner till later on in the year. May resurrect it in the Autumn. To those people who have shown an interest, thank you.

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
This may sound odd, but perhaps enough interest hasn't been shown because the thread title doesn't tell people what the group buy is? Maybe its easily past over? Just a thought. I for one am looking forward to seeing the finished result.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Maybe your right Aris. But at the moment I have other more important issues to deal with. I still have to pay out the initial cost of bag, for Snugpak to make sample. So when I resurrect this project I will bear that in mind.

Jacko

Life Member
Aug 3, 2004
SHROPSHIRE
Ian,
Prob' too late now, as I had not seen, but I would be interested in this project. Please do take it up later in the year, as saw something similar in the states last year. That one was a bit bulky though, if this uses reflectatherm it should be alot smaller packed.
Cheers,
Mark.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Right thats it I am going to have to start paying more attention to stuff again. I totally missed this thread until now. I have been thinking about an idea like this for a while. So would be very interested depending on price and stuff.

How is the sample coming on ?

Greg

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
popped my cherry last weekend swinging from two trees so now I'm interested in a cocoon. Price dependent of course...
jon

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Right then.
For the third year in a row I'm playing guinea pig.
All things going according to plan, I'll have the prototype at the Moot for interested parties to have a look at.
Anyone wants to see it, give me a shout.
I'll be the one in a swannie wearing a leather hat carrying a knife ;)

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
I'll add my mark to the list of interested parties (with usual caveats of course!), I've spent ages reading back over the forums since I've joined and I totally missed this as well. But it sounds good and beats ordering something from the US and fighting with customs etc,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE