Stanley cook set query

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Never tried it but it should work, as someone here posted, net curtain wire, strip the plastic off, and add eyes and hooks, that will sit under the lip and grab the pot, hangers can be don the same way, detachable, rollable doable :)

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
I cut two holes in the side and used a fish mouth spreader to hold it. The same idea as on the mug for the pathfinder bottle set. A dremel works well for cutting small slits into the lid.

I don't think the Stanley is a great bit of kit to be honest, i don't like the handle set-up and because of that its a pain to use as a mug, since with the handle attached it wont fold away neatly under the bottle used with it. Bit small for a main cooking pot also.

Tonyuk

Quick pic from google;

img_1117.jpg

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I've used the curtain wire method which works quite well, as long as you've got a lip on the pot. It's removable easy to setup and adjust and doesn't alter the pot in anyway.

The reason I did this on a pot was the lugs on the side stuck out too far so made getting the pot in and out of a pouch tricky, but with the curtain wire the hanging method is flush to the pot side so slips in and out of the pouch easier.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137355&page=2&highlight=pot+hanging

Last edited:

bearbait

I use sunndog's illustrated method on my Snopeak Ti Mini Solo set.

It's a bit of bike brake cable with the brass bits extracted from one of those plastic electric cable joiner strips.

For example, as there seem to be loads of sorts, see here.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2017
Illinois, USA
As noted, the fish mouth spreaders work well with just two holes drilled in the pot, and they also work very well with the stainless steel water bottles, like the stainless Nalgene and Klean Kanteen models - no drilling needed, just stick it in the mouth of the bottle. The loop of the fish mouth spreader makes a greay way to handle the bottle or suspend it with a stick or cord.

Single wall only, no insulated!

spumwuzzle

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE