Spyderco Bushcraftknife 2011 model

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bogeyman

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2007
Heemskerk, the Netherlands
For those of you interested, here's a very recent conversation with Sal Glesser talking about the Spyderco Bushcrafter at the 2011 SHOT Show.
We see the 2011 version of the knife with the G10 model to accommodate for the lack of quality stabilized woods.

According to the comments in the video it seems we as bushcrafters are some kind of übermenschen with al these skills! :headbang: ........or am I misinterpreting their comments?:p

The video is made by YouTube user Nutnfnancy, nice guy but a bit too paramilitary for me, to say the least....;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVuW214v2d8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Go to 22:45 minutes for the knife in question.........and this website gets some attention also. And Chris, thanks for the design!

eminen

Forager
Dec 28, 2010
Glasgow,Scotland
Wow bushcrafters are tough the man says thay take a knife,fire steel,small backpack with a little clothes go out into natrural terrain and exist out side for months :O

Fascinating stuff - I've never considered Spyderco before - they always looked a bit "tactical" to me and I've never seen the point - no pun intended - of their signature hump and hole. Having listened to Sal Glesser and seeing the thought and effort that goes into manufacture - I may have a change of heart. Some of those examples were real masterpieces of the cutler's art.

The Bushy looks nice - standard design which should appeal to most - G10 is a good choice for the handle as it's as strong as anything (one of my catapults is made from it) and can be polished or dulled to suit the user - I won't be trading in my JoJo set (with Elm burr scales) any time soon though!

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Sal does seem to be a straight up guy and takes pride and interest in his products. Did you catch the mention of a Puukko knife with desert ironwood scales? That may be an interesting knife. Wonder if it will have a hole?

Thanks for the post, it was a great insight into the Spyderco product process.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Sal, as always, is the consummate gentleman. I think he paid a lot of respect to the folks here. I'm looking forward to seeing the new puukko designed by Pekka Tuominen. Pekka is truly an amazing knife maker so it will be interesting to see what Sal and Pekka cooked up.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Sal, as always, is the consummate gentleman. I think he paid a lot of respect to the folks here. I'm looking forward to seeing the new puukko designed by Pekka Tuominen. Pekka is truly an amazing knife maker so it will be interesting to see what Sal and Pekka cooked up.

You got that right, can't wait!
C da C.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE