Spyderco Bushcrafter sheath by Luckylee

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Last year I picked up a Spyderco Bushcrafter 2nd.
It's a great knife, but let down by the sheath, which I don't like.
So to that end, I contacted Luckylee of this parish for a spot of custom leather.
After a few messages back and forth to iron out the exact details of what I wanted, I sent off a Paypal payment, and a couple of days later I got a message saying it was ready!

Then it was entrusted to the postal services of the UK and Saudi Arabia...

So, a few weeks later it shows up.

And here it is.
CIMG0002.jpg

Stitching is straight, even, and tight.
CIMG0003.jpg

Dangler belt loop is detachable for scout carry.
CIMG0722.jpg

Pouch on the front for a DC3 and a loop for a firesteel.
CIMG0723.jpg

Sam Browne stud on the retention strap.
CIMG0724.jpg

Spring to hold the retention strap away from the knife when the strap is open (very clever idea)
CIMG0725.jpg

On the whole, I'm very, very pleased.
The fit and finish (as you can see) is fantastic, the knife is very snug in the sheath, yet easy to draw.

If I ever need any more leatherwork doing, I know who I'm going to contact!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That looks sound Graham :approve:

Another very happy customer :D
I paid for the sheath about 2.30 in the afternoon, the sheath was in my hand by 9.30 the next morning.
Superb quality and fit :D,and knowing I carry on a baldric he had included an extra dangler clip to make sure I had one that would fit :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
Stunning workmanship, but a little over engineered for my tastes, all that leather, bulk and weight when it could be a simple pouch sheath with the other stuff in your pocket or pack. Just my opinion, but it should not detract from the workmanship, I've made knives and sheaths, and it's not easy to make something like this.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
lee's work is very good, he's a perfectionist and of course its all tailored to the customers requirements, be it simple or fancy. a great product at a keen price gets my vote anytime :)

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Stunning workmanship, but a little over engineered for my tastes, all that leather, bulk and weight when it could be a simple pouch sheath with the other stuff in your pocket or pack. Just my opinion, but it should not detract from the workmanship, I've made knives and sheaths, and it's not easy to make something like this.

While what you say is true, this is the style I wanted made.
I've fancied a scout style sheath in a similar style to the Bayley knife for a while.
that's the joy of custom work as opposed to off the shelf stuff. I get precisely what I want.
Yes, the sheath is a little heavy, but I have a few scandis with pouch sheaths already

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE