Spyderco Bushcraft BCUK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Had a hankering for a Spyderco Bushcraft BCUK knife for a while now, if anyone has one they don’t mind parting with for a fair price let me know.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Just thought I’d ad, I managed to pick one up and I absolutely love it. Cracking Schraftin Sharps. I may even hunt down another one or even a blank and put me own handle on it.

Reactions: chas brookes

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Stupidly sold my second years ago for peanuts. Tony sorted me out recently. In terms of grind and grip, it is my favourite knife for all but full on butchering.
I really fancy getting a blank and putting me own handle on it.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
...it is my favourite knife for all but full on butchering.

That's why I had mine reprofiled by Dave Budd to a sabre grind which was more in line with how Chris Claycomb envisaged it to be when he originally designed it.

Once it was done it turned it from a great knife into a fantastic knife in my opinion and is so perfect for my I've no interest in acquiring other knives.

• Wow
Reactions: C_Claycomb

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Oh No! So between me and Dave Budd, we have spoiled Mesquite for acquiring additional knives! :sorrysorry:

CLEM, I fear you won't find any blanks now. They made so few of them, so long ago. I probably bought more blanks than any other single person, but they were all pre-spoken for.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Oh No! So between me and Dave Budd, we have spoiled Mesquite for acquiring additional knives! :sorrysorry:

CLEM, I fear you won't find any blanks now. They made so few of them, so long ago. I probably bought more blanks than any other single person, but they were all pre-spoken for.
Oh no that’s a tad disappointing Mr Claycomb, if your moochin about your shed/Mon-Cave-workshop and happen upon a blank you had forgot about be sure to give me shout if you don’t mind please

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com

If I recall it right, the blanks were only sold like that as ones that had had failed handles and were marked with a file notch.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
:lmao::lmao: It happens Chris.

I'm a strange bod in that I like knives and can admire them but I don't see the point in collecting them for them just to sit in a drawer. I'd much rather be happy with one knife and learn to use it well than chop and change between knives and never feel confident using them. Plus it means I have more money to spend on other things :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Toddy and CLEM

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Stew,
Yeah, they made blanks in only the first batch, the rest of the batch got the spalted wood handles. Batches were 1000 pieces, think there were about 200 left as blanks. Subsequent batches, when they went to G10, were all with handles. Spring 2010 was when the blanks were available.

CLEM,
I know I don't have any blanks left. I have a number of blades of other shapes and styles from that time, but none of the Spydercos and nothing of my own that looks like that. I bought the blanks, and since I had been given a couple of prototypes as well as one of the first batch, and had a knife of that shape all of my own, I didn't feel a need to keep any. I can remember being quite keen to recouped my expenditure. Sorry. Maybe you could find a maker to make you a blank based off the knife you have?

Reactions: CLEM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE