Spring North Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Emberglow

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2005
Bolton
Sorry guys :sad6: I think I am going to have to pull on this one, I have no one to take the dogs at the moment and a kennel is out of the question it being bank holiday weekend. Am gutted but not a lot I can do, hope you all have a great weekend, have fun :)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Dogs are allowed on site, but not really encouraged, they need to be kept under control, last time I took my dog that meant on a lead at all times which can bit of a pain with a labrador, but the "control" is more to do with other users of the site, if we have a group of cubs nearby some leaders get twitchy if there are dogs around.
It depends on the dog really, waylands jack russell(?) would be ok for example but my dog is a bit big and boisterous to take.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Neanderthal said:
Still trying to get organised for the weekend and hoping to make the meet. Anyone have any idea of how many will be there?
I am guessing but I think about a dozen with a few more on Saturday for day and single night visits.
Just got back from the site, I took my explorers down there and visited Graham S who is settled in and enjoying the quiet now! He did an excellent bowdrill demo and lesson for my explorers scouts and three of them managed to make fire :D

A quick reminder for people we are staying on the gullery site which is at the far end of the camp, there is a map by the wardens hut showing the sites and there is a parachute hung as a shelter so it should be easy to find.
There is a supply of firewood at the camp and the ground is reasonably dry.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Razorstrop said:
I've spent today ( and a bit of tomorrow ) making a bushmans horn, out of a real cows horn. Fingers crossed it should be finshed for me to bring along to the meet.

Btw see everyone there :)

Strop

Lovely, I can picture it now... campfire, Mr Strop, about 8 beers, and a new horn... anyone planning on getting to sleep? :D:lol:

Just jealous cos I can't attend - enjoy yourselves everyone and remember to take pictures of anything bushcrafty for the forum.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Looks like I should make it. Just need to decide on train to cuddington or 'adventure' of hitching from Leeds.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ if anyone needs train info.

Anyone interested in recycling coca cola type aluminium cans in to alchohol stoves bring some cans and I'll demo a method to make them. I'll bring some meths for testing.

Sounds like a good turnout. See you all tonight.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE