Spring cleaning...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jakunen

Native
Noticed that my 'new posts' searches where getting a little longer than usual:badputer: so decided to just have a quick look at my subscribed threads bit on the User CP.

8 pages... 25 listed per page...200 threads:smiley-fa ...delete, delete, delete, delete:type4: ...search time .01 seconds. Thats better.:burnout:

I wonder how many of us are unwittingly clogging the system this way?

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
:biggthump :You_Rock_

Might be a good time for people to think about archiving any important PMs too or deleting unwanted ones ...

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
i didnt know i was subscribing to all those threads ...................

thanks for pointing that out jakunen

maybe it would be an idea to set the default to "do not subscribe" and users can change it if they want to ?

Tant

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Tantalus said:
i didnt know i was subscribing to all those threads ...................

thanks for pointing that out jakunen

maybe it would be an idea to set the default to "do not subscribe" and users can change it if they want to ?

Tant
The default for "Automatic Thread Subscription Mode" for new members is do not subscribe.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
i dont remember ever turning it on

If you were a member before we changed over to the new board system then I think it it got turned on by default when the user accounts were all moved over..... it was with my account ;-) New accounts on this system should be fine.

:)
Ed

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
Just had a quick peek and found 5 pages... 125 threads... all gone now :biggthump

Didnt even know what subscriptions were till now :roll:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE