Spricht Mal Deutsch?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
Well thats my poor attempt to attract someones attention who might speak German.

I have found three items on Evilbay by a German seller, that I would dearly love to buy.

Unfortunately my German is non-existant so I cant ask him/her vital questions such as.

1. Are you willing to ship to the UK
2. What payment methods do you accept
3. Please, please, I desperately need those items.

Can anyone help

Thanks

TC

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
I would try asking the seller the questions in English as most Germanic people I have lived/worked with, can speak excellent English and love to take the chance to use it. If I am proved wrong then you could always use Babel fish (on line translator), but the grammar can be a bit wrong sometimes.
Payments with most of German ebay traders appears to be by bank transfer or draft which could cost you more money than it is worth. I dont understand why they dont use PapPal etc.
Good luck....If you need any further help then get back to me.

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
I did use Bablefish translator, and was amused to find that it translated tentpole as seaweeds, and ... ah might as well post the translation

"The tent is developed in only approx. 5 minutes: Herrings into the soil put, the telescopic central seaweeds set up fertig.(TIPP: Weight savers can replace the provided telescope seaweeds also by a freshly struck spruce bar)"

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Topcat02 said:
Well thats my poor attempt to attract someones attention who might speak German.

I have found three items on Evilbay by a German seller, that I would dearly love to buy.

Unfortunately my German is non-existant so I cant ask him/her vital questions such as.

Can anyone help

Thanks

TC

1. Liefern Sie die Ware auch nach England?
2. Auf welche Art und Weise kann ich Ihnen das Geld überweisen?
3. Bitte Bitte, ich brauche unbedingt die Sachen!

hi mate,
thats the best I can do. I would not use number 3 as it shows a wirred way of talking in german. Skip it on ebay as it puts you in a weaker position, dont tell them that you need the stuff.

yours
Abbe

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
lardbloke said:
I dont understand why they dont use PapPal etc.
Because EU bank transfers are free (or very cheap) and very fast, instanteous in most cases. Here in the UK your (mine now) politicians opted out of this on your behalf! :eek:

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
As previously said ask in English, I have done this several times with mostly positive answers. Be polite and say that you know that shipping will be more expensive etc. If the seller doesn't answer just wait until an identical item pops up on eBay again.

And btw the bank transfer fee from UK to central europe is ~£20 and it takes a week...

/Tommy

Topcat02 said:

Can anyone help

Thanks

TC

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
I have bought quite a bit of stuff on ebay from Germany as I am from Ireland and it is easier to do business in a fellow euro zone country.
A lot of German buyers do not accept paypal (most Germans don't have credit cards) and require you to make a bank transfer ( per Überweisung bezahlen).

The translation you were given for your questions were fine. If you need any assistance drop me a PM, perhaps with the number of the item you are interested in (I promise not to gesump you ;)

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
Thanks for all the info.

It just occurred to me that I have relatives in Cork, and have a Bank of Ireland account. Which in turn means I have some Euros in it.

I will send the questions to the seller in German, as well as English, and see if I can do a bank transfer from my Irish Euro account to his German Euro account.

Thx.

Anthonyyy ; you have pm
Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat (bit of gaelic for you)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE