Spoon carving challenge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Well got an idea for a friendly challenge. No competition at all just a skills challenge. Work up a spoon with only one knife from start to finish. No special carving tools or spoon knives just see if you can do all the work with either a fixed blade or folding knife of your choice.

I worked up this spoon today using entirely my wood jewel pictured. Axe was just used to split off a piece I birch. So who's game to take up the one knife challenge?

vestlenning

Settler
Feb 12, 2015
Western Norway
Project: Salad fork.
Material: Dry pine.
Knife: Mora 511.
Wounds: Left index finger.

salad_fork.jpg

A little more carving and then it's baking time (I'm addicted, maybe it's the fumes from the warm oil?).

Last edited:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
wound count made me smile, i might have to start keeping one too

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
I like the idea of this challenge. I think I will have a go at just using the Mora Frost spoon knife as they have a bad reputation, but with a little work can become very good knives.

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
I like the idea of this challenge. I think I will have a go at just using the Mora Frost spoon knife as they have a bad reputation, but with a little work can become very good knives.

Awesome look forward to seeing what ya do. Yep don't let the reputation of them bother you I used them daily for a while. Great blades for the money

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
I have used a Mora Frost for the last ten years, after an initial mishap trying to remove my thumb have come to enjoy using it and find I pick it more often than the other spoon knives I own.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE