Spooks...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
Christchurch...New Zealand
My version of a kukhri...
A run of 14 of which 10 will be sold.

Just to epoxy the handles and finish off the scales, and then Kydex sheathing to mold.

Flat grind 3mm 1050 steel, Pakkawood scales, stainless Allen bolts.
9 inch blades

5 and bit for the handles

Number 6 is for girly hands
Number 2 is mine
Number 3 is Butterscotch G10 scales

Number 1 is a slightly different profile, and not in the image...
263a.png

Number 2...

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
Christchurch...New Zealand
Mine is sharpened, and I will weigh it tomorrow.
They whip and pivot very nicely.
As they are 1050 steel, a patina will take a long time to appear, so I am just looking at different finishes if required.

I have done Kalgard Gunkote blades in O1, but no one understand the benefits as well as I do, it seems.

Navy Seals and US Rangers are users of Gunkote for their firearms and associated hardware.

Shelley

Forager
May 27, 2015
New Zealand
I like khukuri’s, extremely underrated tools in my opinion, except by the Nepalese of course!
Still searching for the perfect model, have a Himilayan Imports model, very robust, almost a12 mm thick at the spine, but also very heavy.

Tried, then modified a condor version, then got rid of it, do not like the angles and it vibrated something awful when you chopped with it.

Have just got a bk21 Reinhardt Kukri, stripped it, sharpened it then added some g10 liners to make the handle a little thicker, oh, and am currently making a new sheath for it, as the one it comes with is yuck! So far seems good, very fast to use and slices like a dream, not too heavy at all, may try making a version with slightly more belly and a lower tip out of O1 as this one seems about the right size, just needs a slight mod, heh, I can’t leave well enough alone!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE