spatulas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
A lot of pics of spoons get posted but not that many spatulas so I thought I'd post pics of a few I just finished up. Top is cherry, middle is basswood, and bottom is sassafras. In the kitchen, I typically use these more than spoons. :) Good drawknife projects.

Last edited:

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
They look great, very nicely done.

I recently started to carve a spatula from birch but it's gone a bit erm.. wrong. I've done a few nice spoons so I thought a spatula would be easy. Not so. At least for me anyway. Yours have given me some inspiration to have another crack at it.

Sent from my iToaster using Tapatalk

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Thanks folks. All three styles are real workhorses in my kitchen. If you use large jars of mayo, the long one at the top is pretty handy for making sandwiches. :) Good for spreading frosting too.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
How many would you like Hoodoo?, im always carving these, can you tell:rolleyes::)

DSCF2520bb.jpg

slighty different styles

DSCN1037grgr.jpg

DSCN1118grgr.jpg

Quill

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 29, 2004
Wisconsin
I need to do a few for home. Most of the ones sold in stores fit poorly in the hand. One thing about these, if you mess up, the wood stove removes all evidence.:p

dancan

Nomad
Sep 29, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
My shaving bench is outside (snow and cold out there) so no draw knife work but I still carved one up , I blamed the wood chips on the kitchen floor on Hoodoo but all she said was "Who ?" and gave me the evil eye .

spatA.jpg

spat1.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE