spalted beech bushy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
Spalted Beech Bushy.
blade 115mm long, 28mm wide and 4mm thick it is made from 01 flat stock and heat treated to 58Rc
The scales are made from spalted beech which has been soaked in a polymer called pentacryl whih reacts with the wood to give a degree of stability they are epoxied and pinned with 4mm brass pins the rear pin is 8mm with a 6mm lanyard hole, and finished with danish oil.
the knife will also come with a 3.5mm veg tanned sheath

yours for £65 + £5 pp & RMSD
yewbushyspaltedbeech011.jpg
[/IMG]

yewbushyspaltedbeech012.jpg
[/IMG]

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
What a lovely looking knife, good work Elma, it really has presence. Lovely lines, different from the run of the mill but not too radical. If it was 3mm thick and 1 cm shorter i'd snap it up! I do think your selling yourself short at this price though, it'll be gone before you know it!

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Yes cheers for that!

Used it for an afternoon, the handle was much too small and I got a couple of blisters.

I did start the auction at 99p, and didn't expect it too reach what it has.

Before I get lampooned but the holier than thou brigade, I shall be giving the difference between the price I paid, and the final price on ebay to the British Diabetic Assocation.

Nice knife, but it wasn't suited to my big hands.

Cheers.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
No, you misunderstand. It's a pity that it was not suited to your hands, i know you were keen on it, i'm just saying that it must be disappointing that it did not fit you. It's a handsome piece of kit and if i caused offence, it was not intended:eek: . I am familiar with the 'want it so much it hurts' turning into 'really really want it to fit, but no matter how hard i try, it just won't'. So, just to clarify, it's a pity that it's not quite what you wanted. At the end of the day, it's your's and you'll do with it what you wish. Please do not think i'm buffing my halo as i write this.:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Grrrrrr

I wanted that aswell but Ian said somebody had just beaten me to it. Did it feel as good as it looked ??? Shame it was a bit on the small side.

Rich

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Sorry for misunderstanding you.

No offence to elma, it is a lovely knife and I was thrilled to get it. Its just i'm 6ft 4 with massive hands and the handle was on the thin side, I had to wrap my fingers round it to get a good grip, so much so that my finger nails where rubbing into my palm! Like I said, a great knife just not for me :(

In retrospect, I should have offered it too shewie. But employing twisted logic I didn't want to cause offence to elma, by buying a knife of him and then trying to flog it on the forum the same day.:eek:

I don't think i'll be buying any more knives without trying them in the hand first :(

Can't believe that the bid on it on though?

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

Just checked ebay and it got removed, for keyword spamming woops!:rolleyes:

So if anybody wants it, for £70 including postage.

PM me, if not back on evil bay it goes.

Cheers,

lottie.lou

Forager
Oct 9, 2007
Preston
Whats keyword spamming? Oh I reaally like this knife AND I have small hands... I really should save some money at the moment though :(

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Never mind what the spamming thing is - go for the knife while you have the oportunity!
You will not find one of that beauty at that price again - at least not soon!
Save the blade from Evil Bay!
Let me fondle it when you come canoeing!
SAVE THE BLADE!

lottie.lou

Forager
Oct 9, 2007
Preston
haha ooooh goo on then. May I buy the knife please? When I get in trouble for spending too much off the other half you're going to have to take the blame John!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE