South West Meet Up.... 24 / 25 July

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
All,

Troubles with work might mean I can only make Saturday and if thats the case I might have to bail on this on. Brighton to Yeovil and back in one say is little far. I'll update if anything changes.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Well....
I have a 4 yr old Flat Coat Retriever.
However from the 24th my family are going on holiday and i am also looking after 3 Golden Retrievers but i think i'll probably have them with be during the day and take them home at night and then just keep my Flat Coat with me for the night exercise with the others guarding the house.

It'll be the first time she'll of come hammock camping with me so should be fun lol

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
I doubt it - but then i think as it is my event i'd probably be too busy making sure everyone else is enjoying themselves to do bushcraft stuff.
Besides apart from walking around and collecting stuff and cooking - my bushcraft is usually led in a hammock reading a book lol

I'll be free and able to join in the night time drinking and fire conversations tho!! Planning on doing some Cherry Vodka thjis week for it....

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Can't make it... :( Will be on my way to Uganda for a short business trip...

I'll be in the UK throughout August and at least the first half of september, although much of this will be spent looking after the expected puppies which are due mid-august.... :)

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
If someone would like to show me how to use a bowdrill, I'd be much obliged.
I've got a bow made up but no other bits.

I'm sure we can give it a go - i've onlt ever done it a handful of times and i think there are going to be some ppl there with more experience then me...
I'm just t fool organisng it haha

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
So the time draws near people, are we doing a group feed or sorting ourselves? What's the final number?
I will be there j

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Well thats definetly two of us lol
I am quite happy for us to do a group feed however i don't have the appliences to do one - i'm a lightweight buschcrafter so no cast iron dutch oven in my rucksack unfortunately....
Think if we keep meeting like this though I may have to purchase more stuff.

There is a Spar not that far away from the woods and a McDonalds (YUK) if people need anything last minute and Yeovil Tesco / Asda is only 15 mins away and 24 hours if anyone needs anything.

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
at last count there was seven of us, is that still the case?
has any one got a good size tarp we an use as a group shelter for just sitting around doing stuff under as the weather seems a little unsure of itself? if not i may be able to lay my hands on one if thats the route we want to go down, any thoughts??

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just got back from Shadowhawk course for a few days, hence why i have'nt commented.

Yep , still up for meeting Fri Night -Saturday.

Ref group feed , maybe if enough people drop out we can do just it in a Mess tin??

Emma87

Jun 21, 2009
Exeter
just had a family birthday sprung on my for the 25th so unfortunatly wont be able to make the saturday, going to try and make the friday though, but van is in having a new clutch fitted, the parts having to be shipped in so im hoping it will be done before friday but will have to play it by ear. fingers crossed!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE