South Wales Meets 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
The bugs won't be a problem as long as you bring plenty of alcohol (for disinfection purposes, obviously :D

Ahh that will be the internal disinfection pioneered by scottish bushcrafters in the 17th century I believe. I'm sure we can manage some of that:lmao:

I've not been to Cowbridge yet.. we can make the high/low call dependant on weather - Is Jed not coming then? - I have to see him about a hi-fi ;)

The call is more dependant on how much you want to lug your kit up a hill -a steep hill- a steep and slippery hill.

Still waiting on confirmation from Jed - if he cant make the weekend I'm sure he'll try and pop over at some stage. But it may be worth you PMing him if you have some "business" to attend to.

Do you know if Mr Noble has departed for Oz yet?

Stewart

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Evening gents , I'm O.K. for this one.I've got something I'd like a few opinions on so it'll be good to have a few bodies to give them.

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Hi Sapper - Good to hear from you.

List so far

Red Kite - Breakfast Saturday + a small stew for Sat night
Sapper
Jungle Re
Bikething
Chechako - Dinner Friday night
Lloyd - TBC

Chechacko has offered to cook dinner on Friday night for everyone.
Anyone else like to volunteer a meal?
I'll do breakfast on Saturday, and as I've just got a new dutch oven I'll do something Saturday night (stew and dumplings would keep the cold out)- but its only a small pot so we will need something else to go with it.

If you would like to volunteer a meal please copy and paste and edit the list as required.

If you prefer to go solo no problem, but please put solo against your name then those that are doing meals will know how many to cater for.

Cheers

Stewart

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Hi Sapper - Good to hear from you.

List so far

Sapper - leek and potato soup with homemade bread lunch saturday
Jungle Re
Bikething
Lloyd - TBC

Chechacko has offered to cook dinner on Friday night for everyone.
Anyone else like to volunteer a meal?
I'll do breakfast on Saturday, and as I've just got a new dutch oven I'll do something Saturday night (stew and dumplings would keep the cold out)- but its only a small pot so we will need something else to go with it.

If you would like to volunteer a meal please copy and paste and edit the list as required.

If you prefer to go solo no problem, but please put solo against your name then those that are doing meals will know how many to cater for.

Cheers

Stewart
List added to

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Sure i can muster up a variety of game to be roasted for Sat tea.
Will require some veg and some hands during the day to build a decent enough stone pit oven to cook em in

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
mate i'm a dustbin, if it done run away i'll eat it, if it does its still only got a 50/50 chance :D

What evers going.

Could someone PM the detail to get to the site please

Cheechako

Apr 1, 2007
Bridgend, South Wales.
Hi Guys,

I'm around for this weekend but will unfortunately miss the Feb one, so see you Friday. Let's hope it's not as wet n windy as the last time!

Will sort something out for the evening meal, am hoping to go hunting for razors on tomorrow's low-tide but not sure how long they'll survive. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
Dave.

P.S. I'm thinking of changing my forum name as no-one can spell or pronounce it :rolleyes: ! Hopefully Tony will oblige...

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Hi CHEECHAKO,If you keep them in a bucket of clean seawater until you get home then transfer them to the fridge wrapped in cloth dipped in sea water they should keep for about a week.

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Have we decided on upper or lower yet at cowbridge,I think the upper site where Stewart and LLoyd set up last time was reasonably level and dry,whereas the lower part we looked at seemed to be quite steep and very damp.This could have been the amount of rain we had that weekend though.My personal preference is for the upper part despite the steep climb.
Anybody else got any thoughts?

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
My initial thoughts were to have a look at the lower section (by lower I mean the area to the left of the path when you enter the wood) and see if there was a suitable spot there.

I sugest the first ones there do a recce, and if there is a suitable spot in the lower section of wood we use that, if not then its up the hill to the area we used last time.

Stewart

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Sorry guy's, not going to be able to make this weekend for the long haul but may pop over on Saturday just to see your smiling faces and enjoy the atmos!

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Sapper - leek and potato soup with homemade bread lunch saturday
Jungle Re - loaves and fishes and pheasent
Bikething
Lloyd - TBC

Right gents, should be tipping up with sapper at about 11.00 on friday.
I can cook Hobgoblin pheasent (a stew with pheasent breasts and legs and hobgoblin ale sauce) for one dinner and got 2 big trout (about 14" long without heads or tails) and loaf of home made bread. You can decide when you want to eat it but i'll be disapearing at about 0600hrs sunday morning.

Cheers Will

Cheechako

Apr 1, 2007
Bridgend, South Wales.
Guys,

I'm aiming to arrive around midday on Friday. It's looking like another wet n windy weekend ahead...

Collected 30+ razors from Oxwich Bay and am open to recipe/cooking ideas. Yet to decide what I'm doing for Friday night's dinner.
Will - The Hobgoblin pheasant sounds very good, think the weekend's theme will be the art of cooking!

ATB,
Dave.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE