South Wales Meets 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Hi folks

Thought I'd start a new thread for general meets in 2009.

How are people fixed for a get together on the 17th / 18th Jan?

A chance to show off those new toys and gadgets we're all getting for Chrimbo.

Location to be decided (depending on mud levels)

Hope everyone has a good chrimbo and has loads too much to eat and drink.

:beerchug:

ATB

Stewart

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
HI Stewart,

i'll be able to say yes or no later but arewe going with the idea we had at the last meet about a get together 'Theme'? Just so we have a skill focus for the weekend? Just a thought.

May i just take this opportunity to wish all the South Wales Posse a Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year, thanks for a great 2008, here's to a fine 2009!:rolleyes:

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Yes ,I'm up for a January meet up.Is this in addition to the February meet?
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everybody,see you all soon

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Sapper - yes this will be in addition to the Feb meet.

Jed - Theme for the weekend sounds good - if those attending would like to post any preferences we'll see if we can get a list of skills we would like to practice and then work through the list during the year.

ATB

Stewart

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
great idea.

im in wanted to get out before christmas but have been limited to just day trips out from other comitments so it would be good to get out before Spences leaving/joining weekend.

Id like to have a play with fire from friction but using materials foraged for on the site, no bringing 6 monthed seasoned in the airing cupboard floor board :nono:

happy christmas to you all, cheers for the warm welcome

Will

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Its strange but no matter how much I practice I never reach that "expert" stage. I suppose I'll just have to keep practicing.

How about we start with the basics and do some shelter building?

ATB

Stewart

I'm rubbish at it, after four cans I get annoying then two more and I'm snoring.

I liked the other sort of practise I saw Lloyds lad getting last time we were there ;) :D

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I'm in Budapest that weekend and then again on 30th for a camp, catch up in Feb with the Welsh mob

A very happy Christmas to you all :)

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
hey chaps,
the idea sounds great ,unfortunately ill have to pass also , too busy at work just after xmas and booked a week in Scotland late in jan early feb . So enjoy yourselves those brave souls mad enough to sleep out amoung the frosts. Also like to wish you all a very merry christmas and a happy new year.
see you in Feb

cheers rolly

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Hi Stewart,

Id still be up for a small one (oh errr missis) i would have to leave early on the Sunday though and would have my 2 mutts in tow if thats Ok? (condition of being allowed out :rolleyes: ).

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Hi Steve

Hope you've recovered from your man flu.

Lets see if theres any life left in this one: Sapper / Will are you still up for this one or shall we consign it to history?

ATB

Stewart
Hi Stewart

Flu's gone for now.. until my mum gives it back to me again :rolleyes:

Should be ok for the weekend now, as work has been re-shuffled again..

Any thoughts on location guys?

regards
Steve

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Glad to hear your feeling better Steve, but you better not bring any germs with you.

Regarding the location - If Jeddadiah is OK with us using the site without him - how about the Cowbridge site but at low level this time.

Lloyd has said he may join us, his back is playing up at the moment so he'll have to wait and see how he's feeling.

ATB

Stewart

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Glad to hear your feeling better Steve, but you better not bring any germs with you.
The bugs won't be a problem as long as you bring plenty of alcohol (for disinfection purposes, obviously :D

Regarding the location - If Jeddadiah is OK with us using the site without him - how about the Cowbridge site but at low level this time.
I've not been to Cowbridge yet.. we can make the high/low call dependant on weather - Is Jed not coming then? - I have to see him about a hi-fi ;)

Lloyd has said he may join us, his back is playing up at the moment so he'll have to wait and see how he's feeling.

ATB

Stewart
Would be good to see Lloyd again - I'm sure we can lug his kit between us if need be :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE