South Wales Meet 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Hi Rich,

Are we going to do a catered meet or self catering?

Lee and Luke, if there is anything you would like to do at the meet pm me.

ATB
Nigel

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Nigel and I are quite happy to organise the weekend in terms of handling the bookings and greeting people on site (for those who have not been before) etc, and the deal is that the fees paid are only for those who attend, so if you can't make it, don't sweat it; no charge involved.

To make things easier, I'll post a mobile number a couple of weeks before the weekend where I can be contacted, this leaves Ian free of hassle and any needed details can be given from me.

If any of you want to teach a skill, then go for it, use this thread by all means.

If any of you want to learn a skill, then ask, maybe someone can help you out.

At the moment there are six definite campers for the weekend, and if it grows then fine, if not, thats OK, we'll enjoy the camp anyway

Hope to meet old and new faces in the new year:)

EDIT
Ian, the site owner may or not be there for this weekend, but he asks that we leave the farm sitter alone and organise this ourself,,,,,,,, this is a great sign of trust on our past and future behaviour on site:)

M

manc

Hi rik yes i would be up for that as you know i am new to this but enjoyed the last one. i could do with some good head wear do you know how i can get my hands on a cheap leather hat

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Just don't forget the recycling rules!:D

I spoke to Ian about the mishap at that meet, and told him "Some big rugby player in a nice green ventile jacket did it governor, honest" ;)

It was a mistake on the part of someone new to camping, plus he's from Manchester, so what can you say, that combination made it happen I guess, won't happen again though, he'll receive a dam good thrashing if it does :eek:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Life does not have to be hard just because you are camping in the woods

DSCF2541Small-1.jpg

Nigel in full chill out mode:)

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I spoke to Ian about the mishap at that meet, and told him "Some big rugby player in a nice green ventile jacket did it governor, honest" ;)

It was a mistake on the part of someone new to camping, plus he's from Manchester, so what can you say, that combination made it happen I guess, won't happen again though, he'll receive a dam good thrashing if it does :eek:

And I bet he believed you didn't he!:lmao: Nice bit of sloping shoulders there Rik....:D

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
And I bet he believed you didn't he!:lmao: Nice bit of sloping shoulders there Rik....:D

He did Greg, the moment I said new camper, and from Manchester, it all became clear to him, still the lad has learned his lesson, next camp he is the recycle manager:cool:

He's :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: if he messes up

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Was plannig on hitting the site end of Feb, but if there's a bcuk one going in the same month, i might be tempted to visit then instead.
Would be a good time to be a total noob with all the experienced folk about :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE