source sandals falling apart

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Do any other forum users own and use source sandals?
I got one pair around 10 year ago which are fine, in fact my son "permanently borrowed" them. Then about 3 or 4 years ago got a second pair on the strength of pair #1 being OK. However they are falling apart, serious delamination of the sole layers. I tried several times emailing their HQ and on youtube, but no response. They make a big thing about the "green dot" moulded into the sole...if its still visible and not worn away, then the guarantee is still good. Sounds like crap...has anyone else had any issues with source?

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I've had two pairs. Can't remember what happened to them but they didn't wear out or fail. I think I just stopped fitting them. I think the second pair started to cut my foot at the first strap. So I replaced with terra fi from Teva.

Aren't Source owned by a bigger outdoor kit company? I would have thought they'd have a better customer service. I hope you get it sorted.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I used to wear them as beach shoes. Like Paul though, the straps began cutting my feet later on so I quit wearing them.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
well I've tried 3 or 4 times to conatact them with no success. Crap customer services. Thanks for links but I don't use fakebook or twitter..
Wont use any more of their products anyway. A shame because they are literally go shoe to every day summer or winter. Maybe I'll go back to wooden clogs instead or possibly moccasins

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE