SotP Group buy – Norwegian Lavvu tents & stoves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
meanderer said:
Hi Folks

I've just heard from Vidar at Bison that they should be collecting the stoves next week, so we are slipping a week or so from expectation.

They have asked me to pass on their apologies for the delay - the reason for the original lack of stock was a factory move where they get them made and it sounds like a laser cutter didn't survive the move!

I will, of course, keep you all posted.

Last Orders to run through this site will now continue until the weekend!

Cheers

Jon

Thanks for the continuing updates. Looking forward to getting my grubby mits on the stove and seeing how it performs :You_Rock_

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Could anyone please give an idea of total cost of aTundra 4 and groundsheet ordered direct from the company?

I am particulary interested in how much roughly ontop of the list price I should expect for shipping, duty etc etc. Unfortunately I havent the spare cash at the moment but having seen the reviews I hope to order later in the year.

Many thanks :)

meanderer

Nov 2, 2006
yonder
In no particular order, here are some answers....

The prices are on the website, subtract the 25% Norwegian VAT. I believe that shipping for one item from Norway is about 500NOK on top. 12NOK to 1GBP. IF they get you on import, duty is 12% for tents and VAT 17.5% on top of all of it. Basically adds 32% to the shipped price.

The group buy price for a Tundra 8 (5m diameter poly-cotton canvas), groundsheet and stove with flue is £503 in to the UK with around £25 for onward shipment.

I had an email yesterday from a Norwegian friend who was camping at the weekend in their Tinde 16 (polyester 6m, Squidders knows how huge these are...) with the new style stove. It was -20 overnight. They were taking jackets off in the tent and he says the new design is much better and more efficient than the previous version. If it's really cold, they run a fire-watch through the night to keep the fire going.

This guy is nothing to do with Beaver/Bison, just a tent user, which was how I found out about these tents last October (see Avatar) and literally, the rest is in this thread!

Have FUN

Jon

Reactions: Aliwren

ggfh666

Forager
Jan 16, 2006
belgium
users.pandora.be
Experiences continued.

Well these are not yet camping experiences.

The tent has been up in the garden since I got it.

points of interest:

- the pole: you may need to put something underneath (woodblock, paving). It has sunk over 20 cm in the ground.
- the pegs: altough big and wide not suitable in my garden. I needed to saw my own wooden pegs to keep the tent put.
- yesterday was a day of snow (5cm), hail, and loads of rain. This morning the fabric was completely dry. Except where it touches the ground of course.
- I hung the tent to dry in my garage but of course this is not high enough. A²+B²=C², remember. C being what I need of height to hang it up.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
meanderer said:
Hi Folks

I've just heard from Vidar at Bison that they should be collecting the stoves next week, so we are slipping a week or so from expectation.

They have asked me to pass on their apologies for the delay - the reason for the original lack of stock was a factory move where they get them made and it sounds like a laser cutter didn't survive the move!

I will, of course, keep you all posted.

Last Orders to run through this site will now continue until the weekend!

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jon, just a little bump :rolleyes:

Any more news from BisonTelt. Has the order left for you yet? Or ar they still having problems with the stoves?

Thanks.

meanderer

Nov 2, 2006
yonder
Yes! There IS more news.... :lmao:

Just heard that they are loading stoves onto a truck at the factory! I assume that they will be back home this week!

I have to sort out last details and pay this week so that they will ship ASAP. We should then have the kit with us next week.

This Group Buy is now closing – finally.... :beerchug:

If you want to join in, you can do so tonight, but you'll need to pay by electronic transfer online.

I will, of course, keep you all informed of progress and post an ETA as soon as I know.

Bison have again apologised for the delay and thanked us for our collective patience regarding the stoves.

More when I know it.

Cheers

Jon

meanderer

Nov 2, 2006
yonder
Just a quick update.

The second pallet should land at the dockside this weekend. I guess I'll have them by the middle of next week if all goes OK.

I will be shipping week commencing 12/3 once I've sorted stuff out, apparently there's a bit more sorting of flue sections and insulation pieces to be done.

IMPORTANT

I am advised that the FIRST lighting of the stoves should be done OUTSIDE.

The stove paint gives off some smelly gasses (I don't know about toxicity) the first time it gets hot.

I will put a note to this effect with each stove but this is an early warning!!

More soon.

Jon

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Incase anyone else missed the group buy like myself - I spent too long looking at photos and deciding :rolleyes: I followed the advice and phoned Vidar @Bison.

Ordered a Tundra 4 and ground sheet last Friday and it arrived yesterday!!. Delivered via parcel force and no charges ontop (yet?? :confused: ) Vidar did say he was in discussions with a UK retailer but no further info at the moment.

I havent had a chance for a proper play yet but it looks huge!! Although I didnt make the group buy a big thanks for arranging this and all the info and reviews submitted which persuaded me to invest!!!

meanderer

Nov 2, 2006
yonder
AT LAST.........

They're HERE!!!!

Arrived yesterday but I didn't have time to do anything...

Unwrapped the six foot high pallet and had a peek earlier - there is one tent/stove guy who was desperate for this weekend so sorted that one out.

I'm going to get some boxes and take the whole lot home to sort over the weekend. Anyone who can collect (from Ashburton/Exeter, Devon), please get in touch. The remainder will be shipped out next week.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Jon

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Yay!!! Thanks Jon.

Just let me know when you need postage details and payment for shipping costs. Unless there is anyone from Hampshire that is picking theirs up and wouldn't mind transporting mine back too for a small fee?

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
andyn said:
Yay!!! Thanks Jon.

Just let me know when you need postage details and payment for shipping costs. Unless there is anyone from Hampshire that is picking theirs up and wouldn't mind transporting mine back too for a small fee?

Andy, I'm collecting my stove tomorrow. I'll pick yours up too. PM sent with my contact details.

Thanks for all your hard work on this Jon.

Cheers
Andy

Hi Jon,

Is there any update as to dispatch of the stoves please?

Best regards,

Phil.

meanderer said:
AT LAST.........

They're HERE!!!!

Arrived yesterday but I didn't have time to do anything...

Unwrapped the six foot high pallet and had a peek earlier - there is one tent/stove guy who was desperate for this weekend so sorted that one out.

I'm going to get some boxes and take the whole lot home to sort over the weekend. Anyone who can collect (from Ashburton/Exeter, Devon), please get in touch. The remainder will be shipped out next week.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Jon

meanderer

Nov 2, 2006
yonder
Phil

The last 8 boxes are in the Landy to go out today, delivery Monday. That obviously includes yours....

I got to use my Lavvu AND stove weekend before last, just before I went down with the stomach bug and lost a week :(

Absolutely brilliant! Some bits were a bit mickey mouse but overall it did a grand job, even cooked breakfast on the stove!!

It warmed and dried the tent very quickly.

If anyone has any queries, please post them here or PM me.

Those with parcels on the way will get PM'd, I won't do you Phil as you now know the answer anyway!

Cheers

Jon

That's great news Jon - thanks very much :You_Rock_

Really looking forward to getting away with the family and getting some use for the Lavvu and stove.

Many thanks for all your efforts in this monster of a group buy. I'll be sure to get you a dram or three when I get to meet you.

Best regards,

Phil.

meanderer said:
Phil

The last 8 boxes are in the Landy to go out today, delivery Monday. That obviously includes yours....

I got to use my Lavvu AND stove weekend before last, just before I went down with the stomach bug and lost a week :(

Absolutely brilliant! Some bits were a bit mickey mouse but overall it did a grand job, even cooked breakfast on the stove!!

It warmed and dried the tent very quickly.

If anyone has any queries, please post them here or PM me.

Those with parcels on the way will get PM'd, I won't do you Phil as you now know the answer anyway!

Cheers

Jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE