some pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I hope this is gonna work now! I've finally got my digi working, and successfully uploaded pics!

So, some kit...

first off my Northstar, Bison Bushcrafter, Allan Blade bushcrafter w/full flat grind.

is.php

Same knives and their sheaths.

is.php

:approve: :wink: less said about that the better! :approve:

is.php

And my hand in comparison to the NS

is.php
I can see that if my hands were bigger it would be less comfortable but, for me, it's fits like a glove!

My P.C is incredibly slow at uploading. It took half an hour to get these up, so i'll get more on, but it'll take a while.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Great, how do i activate my account then :censored: never seem to go right for me does it!!!

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
jake.. i made a photo bucket account a while ago that anyone can use if they wish! please make yourself a folder!

.jpeg .tiff and .png all work and photo bucket is the best host!!

account: BCUK
password: bushcraftuk

www.photobucket.com

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
great idea that Tom! thanks mate, i'll see if i can get it workin...

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Tom, just thought you may want to edit out the password and have it available on request as someone may use it unsuitably?

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
NS, Bison Bushcrafter, A Blade bushcrafter w/full flat grind.

PICT0014.jpg

Hows about this then?

If so then it took half an hour and will post the rest tomorrow!

RJP

Jan 22, 2004
Kent
Nice! I like the bison - mmmm! :eek:): Is that Thuya burr?

You responded to my earlier post on small bushcrafters, thank you. But which is better quality wise - Bison or Allan Blade? As you have both!

An also how did your order time compare?

Cheers,
Rob.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I thought you knew!! :yikes: :lol: I got it second hand from ScanDgrind :)biggthump)

RPJ, quality wise it's difficult to say. They're different. As you can see, the AB Bushcrafter is bigger, it fits my hand very well, and would probably be even better if my hands were bigger. The Bison IMO has a much more universal grip, there's nothing uncomfortable in it, i think it's the best handle design imo; nice and rounded.

I haven't extensively used the AB bushcrafter yet, but will do hopefully sat/sun. The Bison is almost faultless. I think it would be better if the bevel was a bit deeper, like on the micarta woodlore. Oh yeah...Walnut scales!

The AB has full flat grind. It was a mistake initially but i am actually growing to like it just as much! I think it's nice that i have two different grinds; more to experiment with.

I'll post a pic of the sheaths...(might take me a few years though, my computer is infected with something i think) :roll:

:biggthump

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
PICT0016.jpg

Well, i uploaded the wrong image!!!!!!! I think it was PICT0015, but, thats risk taking for you. Oh well, here's my st**kie :approve:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
PICT0015.jpg

Here's some of the sheaths. Allan Blade Kydex, Bison Bushcrafter, and NS.

Although kydex isn't that nice to look at AB kydex sheaths are actually extremely practical. With adjustable carry and firesteel (ok, i haven't figured the adjustable carry yet! Im sure it isn't just me!). They are very well made, perhaps i value it equally to leather. But then you come to the Bison sheath, which imo is better. The fit is unbelievable, and as Adi said, the firesteel feels welded in. Very neck-carryable indeed, something which i found impossible with my woodlore.
The NS is just temporary, not sure whats happening with those. Anyone know?

Jake

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Sorry about them coming in in drabs, but it's being incredibly slow...

Here's the NS in my hand, compare that to Martyns...

PICT0017.jpg

northstar.jpg

*edit* im trying to shrink them...

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Well done Jake good pics even if they did take you all day :wink:

I also saw the pic of you in the members pics thread, nice to put a face to the name.

Bill

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Jake Rollnick said:
Sorry about them coming in in drabs, but it's being incredibly slow...

Here's the NS in my hand, compare that to Martyns...

PICT0017.jpg

northstar.jpg

*edit* im trying to shrink them...

Well, either I got big paws, or you got small uns (perhaps a bit of both?), but the difference is obvious. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE