Some pics from the hills

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stu1979uk

Forager
Oct 22, 2006
glasgow
The last few months I have been getting out on the hills, no overnight camps so far due to circumstances. Managed to grab 2 hills and 5 munros so far in between working away for a fair bit so happy with that.
Not very Bushcrafty but as long as I can get out fishing, hiking, cycling or camping it keeps happy, anyways here are some pictures.

I started off the year gently, to gauge a niggling groin injury, with a wee walk up conic hill

qa7yny2y.jpg

e5ery8ug.jpg

The view starting to open up
eqy4u3az.jpg

The view of the Highland boundary fault line across the Islands on Loch Lomond
evedy2eb.jpg

Looks like the grass wasn't greener for this poor guy
6e4uzy2u.jpg

Next on the list was the Aberfoyle boundary fault loop
The walk starts and ends at the David Marshall lodge car park up on the Dukes pass above Aberfoyle

y5yry7e2.jpg

u9a3a8yh.jpg

edu2e9a8.jpg

Still a bit of snow lying further up
ese3azy3.jpg

The view from the top section of the loop
7yvypegy.jpg

Well that was the two shorter walks done and the legs and groin where feeling good a little stiff the next day but to be expected.
Next up was Ben Vane for the first Munro of the year, but the pics will have to wait for that one they are in the camera which is currently playing a good game of hide and seek.

So onto Beinn Narnain and Beinn Ime for a double. A mixed bag of weather for this one a bit miserable for the accent up Narnain but buy the time we were on the way down the otherside the sun was coming out.

The aptly named Loch Long
2u4ysyma.jpg

Up into the clag. I stopped up here for a bite and met a pair of guys coming down who thought they had already been on the summit and were on their way to Ime. I showed them the map and got a grid ref from my gps. Turns out they hadn't been on the summit and as I had already figured out, as they were heading the opposite direction to me, were going in totally the wrong direction.
So I headed up with them for about 20 mins until I noticed I didn't have my gps :eek: I headed back down to where I stopped and searched and couldn't find it. Then after totally emptying my bag, I found it in with my grub, not amused with myself at this point.:mad:
ymu8utes.jpg

Anyway onwards and upwards to the first summit of the day.
With stunning views as you can see
use2asez.jpg

And still some snow on the north facing slopes
jamesyjy.jpg

Onroute to Ime
vusahyry.jpg

And eventually reaching the summit of Ime
tusasypu.jpg

The plan for this day was Narnain, Ime and the Cobbler (shown below) but after decending Ime my knees were sore. The pain, just under my knees has been plaguing me on the decents every since. Anyone else sufferer's this?
qu8e7e5a.jpg

Ben Bhudie and Ben Vorlich (Loch Lomond) to follow when I have the time to post

To be continued...
Stuart

stu1979uk

Forager
Oct 22, 2006
glasgow
Lovely - I didn't think there would still be snow on the ground.

The last one with snow on the ground was on the 20th of May but I could see snow on Ben Vane on the 18th of July when I was heading up Ben Vorlich
Thanks for the coments

Stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE