Some people will eat anything

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
The mealworms are ok but expensive, silk worms and mopani taste too soapy for my liking and crickets are basicaly sharp and flavourless. the leaf cutter ants look tempting. A couple of years ago there were a few daytime tv scare stories about how this dreadful company was selling sweets with scorpions & insects in which was causing a lot of upset to the people who bought them, didn't they read the description before buying?

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
I have only ever eaten a meal worm :D

I'm glad i chewed it because i read on the net somewhere that they have very sharp jaws and it is advisable to cut there heads of when feeding to pets because they can chew their way out.

It was quite funny because i was 1 of 2 people who ate one out of a massive crowd. My friend was going to, but wossed out "because it had legs" What kind of excuse it that!!! :roll: :D

Anyway. In my opinion it tasted a bit like peanuts :lol:

leon-1

Emdiesse said:
I have only ever eaten a meal worm :D

I'm glad i chewed it because i read on the net somewhere that they have very sharp jaws and it is advisable to cut there heads of when feeding to pets because they can chew their way out.

It was quite funny because i was 1 of 2 people who ate one out of a massive crowd. My friend was going to, but wossed out "because it had legs" What kind of excuse it that!!! :roll: :D

Anyway. In my opinion it tasted a bit like peanuts :lol:

Were you by any chance on the last Wilderness Gathering???

Stuart put up some pictures of some of the jungle ants in Brunei, we were told the nickname for them were honey ants and soon found out why, they don't taste half bad :wink:

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
No, i have never been bushcrafting :p
I just take an interest in it and would like to start.
What age did you lot start getting into it properly?

I ate this at long-leat safari park :rolmao:

But hopefully, the next holidays i may get a group of friends and try and find somewhere to go such as the new forest?

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
you ever been walking?

The "worst" thing i have ever eaten is probably giraffe. the worst thing i have ever eaten is a big mac (i was hungry and drunk, forgive me)

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
Do you mean me?
Have i ever been walking?
Why yes. I figure i have legs i may aswell use them :eek:): So i do athletics aswell :D

Ok what i mean by i have never been bushcrafting is i have never done it seriously.

I have been out with some mates and made shelters, been hunting with catapults (slingshots (unsuccessfully, of course)), I have made embers with wood. Ok so I have done a fair few bushcraft and survival things. However i have never done it on the degree that you people do it.
I hope you get what i mean.

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
Jake Rollnick said:
The "worst" thing i have ever eaten is probably giraffe.
What's it taste like? zebra tastes a lot like steak with a very strong overtone of freshly mown grass - very pleasant.
Try Puffin - it's like woodpigeon with a kick.

Realgar

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE