Some of my self made gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Sorry just turned off when I saw all the shooting, that is not my idea of the way things ought to be. Too many guns in my neighbourhood, none of them legal.

Charlz9mm

Forager
Jul 1, 2012
USA
Sorry just turned off when I saw all the shooting, that is not my idea of the way things ought to be. Too many guns in my neighbourhood, none of them legal.

I am sorry you were offended. In my area it is simply a sport and a common tool. I guess it represents something different in different places. Personally I never gave it much thought. It's just an outdoorsy sort of thing here. Please try to ignore it since no harm was meant., kind of like an action movie if you will.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Nice. Especially like the arrow straightener. And the Sporan. Speaking of the shooting; do you do your own reloading?

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Some great stuff there & I particually like the arrow straightner, never even heard of it before...an ingenious idea......The canvas bag is pretty cool too, I'm in the process of making one at the moment from some old canvas tarp I've found & like the idea of buffing it up with tea. :)
As for the shooting at the begining of your vid, I find it difficult to be offended by target shooting & if you do have guns then it's always best to know how to use them which can only be achieved by practice. I can understand some peoples apprehension at the sight of 'gun play' though, particuarly if they live in neighbourhoods where gun crime is rife. And of course the UK doesn't share the US of A's gun culture & 9mm plinking just isn't part of the UK's bushcrafting scene.:D

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
The opening of the video didn't help with the stereotype of Americans being gun toting nuts but the stuff you made was really good and clearly presented.

phil1981

Oct 27, 2012
Livingston
hi m8 nice vid am from the uk and the gun thing did not bother me at all. could be the fact that am x-forces though oh and i like em lol.

Charlz9mm

Forager
Jul 1, 2012
USA
The opening of the video didn't help with the stereotype of Americans being gun toting nuts but the stuff you made was really good and clearly presented.

Yes, the media and movies do misrepresent the millions of peaceful and lawful gun owners in the States. I am glad you enjoyed viewing my gear. I wish my skills were better and had more time.

v8mule

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2012
wigan
Great little vid. It ain't the gun that kills anyone it's the the guy who pulls the trigger, more people are killed by cars but you don't see anyone trying to ban them

Charlz9mm

Forager
Jul 1, 2012
USA
Thanks for sharing the vid charlz i like the canvas bag you made

Thank you. I took apart a canvas tote. Simple folded it and sewed. The strap is an old karate belt. I then soaked it in cheap black tea. I did not rinse it but coated it in 10% bee's wax, and 90% paraffin. Then heated it with my wife's hair dryer. She doesn't know.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE