Some of my latest leathercraft work

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
Hey Guys,Just thought that I would post a few pics of my leather craft projects for the pass few months...

Picture285.jpg

This is a sheath I made for a Bahco lapplander folding saw.Double dangler with a hot wax dip,like how this one turn out.

Picture283.jpg

The same sheath worn on the belt with one of my bushcrafter's pouchs..:D

Picture099.jpg

Pouch I made for sgt. Mac as part of his big post over on bushcraft USA....http://www.bushcraftusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9066
Picture307.jpg

This is a kids size bushcrafter's pouch,modeling by little miss sunshine.;)(what is it they say never work with kids or animals)
Picture265.jpg

Last put by no means least ..Made some leather viking style baby shoes for my son.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
That pouch looks the business.

It'd make a really practical Sporran, unlike the useless ones they sell these days.

I'm very impressed.

Liam

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
That pouch looks the business.

It'd make a really practical Sporran, unlike the useless ones they sell these days.

I'm very impressed.

Liam

Thanks for the feedback guys..!!!!!The sporrans I make is based on historical Scottish sporrans from Jacobite times(18th and 17th century).

Back in the 18th century the kilt was just a dark wool blanket wrapped around a leather belt,mostly worn by people living way out on the hills.On the belt was worn the sporran(or belt pouch)and knife(or dirk).The Sporran was used to carry whatever was needed flint for fire-making,musket balls,oatcakes,bits of tinder.

So that's the kind of the historical background of the basic design.I make them for bushwhackers as a possible pouches,I have even started calling them "bushcrafters pouches".They are a useful you like carrying a few essentials bits of kit around on your belt.

Knife055.jpg

Picture095.jpg

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Loving the pouch!
I was discusing the whole 'possibles/bushcrafter' pouch thing with a mate last weekend and we both concluded that a 'soft' pouch could be the way to go as our beautiful 'hard' leather pouches can get in the way abit and can be a bit unforgiving when it comes to movement!
Very good work sir!
My best.
Chris.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Hey Guys,Just thought that I would post a few pics of my leather craft projects for the pass few months...

Picture285.jpg

This is a sheath I made for a Bahco lapplander folding saw.Double dangler with a hot wax dip,like how this one turn out.

Picture283.jpg

The same sheath worn on the belt with one of my bushcrafter's pouchs..:D

Picture099.jpg

Pouch I made for sgt. Mac as part of his big post over on bushcraft USA....http://www.bushcraftusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9066
Picture307.jpg

This is a kids size bushcrafter's pouch,modeling by little miss sunshine.;)(what is it they say never work with kids or animals)
Picture265.jpg

Last put by no means least ..Made some leather viking style baby shoes for my son.

I love the wee fellas shoes fantastic.

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
Loving the pouch!
I was discusing the whole 'possibles/bushcrafter' pouch thing with a mate last weekend and we both concluded that a 'soft' pouch could be the way to go as our beautiful 'hard' leather pouches can get in the way abit and can be a bit unforgiving when it comes to movement!
Very good work sir!
My best.
Chris.
Thanks Chris..That's the beauty of this design it takes up no space at all when empty but can carry a 1 kg bag of flour if you really need too!!!Lets say you are out in the woods and you come across a good crop of edible mushrooms.You would be able to crap them in the pouch and get them back to base camp no worry's.Without having something like small suitcase strapped to you belt.

your leather work is fantastic!! is there any chance you could pm me how you made those iccle viking shoes? i think they are ace!!
P.M sent mate...:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE