Some of my handmade jewellery - leaf necklace & hammered bracelet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys,

I mentioned on a previous thread that I had made a leaf necklace for my mum but at the time didn't have any pics. I went over today to collect said necklace and a bracelet I'd also made her as I have just registered to have my own hallmark and wanted to get them done for her when it's all sorted out. So here are a couple of pics. The bracelet is a bit hard to photograph so that you can see the texture clearly so I took a few from different angles :) They are both made from sterling silver.

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Rachael x

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Nice :)

I bet Mike will recognise the wood he gave me hiding under them ;)

I think the pic of the leaf doesnt show the curves ( side on) as well as it could :)

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
That leaf is gorgeous :) Do you make other leaves like ivy or oak?

Love it to bits

Thanks Red :) That's the only one I've made so far. I've been holding off making anything else like that in silver as I'm just waiting for my hallmark registration to come through so I can start selling them. I can make other leaves though, I've been wanting to do an oak leaf for a while now. Might have a practice go in copper. I want to do some holly leaves for xmas too :)

Rachael x

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
....look foreard to seeing them....would really like to see an ivy leaf too...but I think you would sell more oak I agree!

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Nice :)

I bet Mike will recognise the wood he gave me hiding under them ;)

I think the pic of the leaf doesnt show the curves ( side on) as well as it could :)

To be honest I missed it completely! The leaf is just superb my attention was on that. I'd like to see you two work together on a knife with some decorative silver work on the handle.

Bloody marvellous.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
To be honest I missed it completely! The leaf is just superb my attention was on that. I'd like to see you two work together on a knife with some decorative silver work on the handle.

Bloody marvellous.

That is a great idea Mike. Silver inlay on buffalo horn with sterling silver pins, im dribbling :D

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
We have already spoke about things, Rachael has just got a book on metal smithing. We have the kit to smelt and cast most metals, silver, gold, etc. Just a question of time now and finding the right thing to do together. Patience my friends ;)

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
We have already spoke about things, Rachael has just got a book on metal smithing. We have the kit to smelt and cast most metals, silver, gold, etc. Just a question of time now and finding the right thing to do together. Patience my friends ;)

When I win the lottery (must start buying tickets first) i'll commission a silver and buffalo horn combo in a solid horn sheath with silver oak leaf motif fittings.

Promise.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I expect we could. We need the smelting crucible first but they aint too much money for a smallish one. We have the knife kiln to do the smelting, i see no reason why it wouldn't work :) Could buy it now and some silver grain, and crack on this week. Need the stuff to do sand casting aswell i think, . Rachael has just informed me that all that would be my job with the words "off you go then" :rolleyes:

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I expect we could. We need the smelting crucible first but they aint too much money for a smallish one. We have the knife kiln to do the smelting, i see no reason why it wouldn't work :) Could buy it now and some silver grain, and crack on this week. Need the stuff to do sand casting aswell i think, . Rachael has just informed me that all that would be my job with the words "off you go then" :rolleyes:

Get your finger out... :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE