Some like it HOT!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
It popular here in the states that one carries tabasco or hot sauce if they're going to cook a "wild" meats in the woods, just in case it wasn't cooked thoroughly enough.
Well, for those buscrafti who declare tabasco on the par with tap water, "Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauces" have invented a MINI-PACK :eek:):

And Dave's Insanity is the sauce with the warning that you use only one drop at a time, and not recommended for heart patients :yikes:

bryanr

Dec 12, 2004
Plano, TX U.S.A.
I have a bottle of the Temporary Insanity Sauce and let me tell ya, the pain while going in is NOTHING compared to the pain while coming out!

Bryanr

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I love Dave's Insanity Sauce. The brits hava a nastier little monkey though called "Who Dares Burns!"...
whodareslg.jpg

This is totally mental :yikes:

jakunen

Native
Nah, mate, it's pretty bland stuff.

In Bermuda you can get Sherri pepper sauce. Take one pound of jalepeno or scotch bonnets, steep in a bottle of sherry, leave for a year then splash over food. And watch then sit back and awit spontaneos internal combustion...

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Havent actually tried Who Dares Burns yet (never seen that one) Daves insanity however can't really be described as a taste, more of a feeling...

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Ed said:
There are some evil sounding substances on that site ...... :)

I once found myself in a "Chilli sauce shop" in San Diego and was presented with an entire wall of red bottles with different labels and found that there was little difference between one or the other apart from the label.
However, there is a fantastic Chilli festival here in Sussex every year Chilli festival An entire weekend of good chilli tastes without thinking that the only good thing about chilli is heat = good. give it a try if you're in the area.

Cheers,

Martin

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
An entire weekend of good chilli tastes without thinking that the only good thing about chilli is heat = good
Thats one of the things I miss about living in asia. The range of chilli peppers available was just unimaginable, each with their own distinctive taste and you could have them fresh, dried, deep fried, pickled............ ah.... Back here in the UK I've mainly found the dried chilli's just hot with little or no taste and that really doesn't do the chilli pepper justice, but things are changing. Our local veg shop now stocks 4 varieties of fresh chilli peppers :)

Ed

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Ours are hopeless... Either locally grown (surprisingly good at times) or Dutch/African variations...

I have to get stuff shipped in, had a litte Habanero tree tree but I killed it :roll:

Overwatered I think.

I'll admit to liking a degree of heat which many find overpowering, but, that said I reckon there's different kinds of heat too. :wink:

Sometimes, like at breakfast for instance, I'll appreciate a milder dish.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
My mate met a guy in the states who had a belt holster for his hot chilli sauce which he put on every meal he ate hence needing to carry it with him at all times.

jakunen

Native
Great Pebble said:
I'll admit to liking a degree of heat which many find overpowering, but, that said I reckon there's different kinds of heat too. :wink:
Too true. I guy I used to work with loved the hottest curry you could get, but couln't take szechuan food as it was 'too hot'. I'm the other way round, I love Szechuan, but I'm not too keen on chilli heat (sounds daft that, sounds like cold heat...), and I like to taste all the flavours in a dish, not just the chilli.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
One of my Xmas prezzies was "The Chilli Heads Survival Kit"

BONUS!!! Loads of lovely hot stuff. Chili oil, Chili Jam, Easy chili, Dried chilis, chili and ginger sauce...etc :super:

And it burns burns burns...That ring of fire....ring of fire :yikes: :naughty:

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
maddave said:
One of my Xmas prezzies was "The Chilli Heads Survival Kit"

BONUS!!! Loads of lovely hot stuff. Chili oil, Chili Jam, Easy chili, Dried chilis, chili and ginger sauce...etc :super:

And it burns burns burns...That ring of fire....ring of fire :yikes: :naughty:
Put your toilet paper in the freezer buddy :rolmao: colgate minty gel and a fan may help too :rolmao: :nana:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE