Solo 4 day trip to Oslo (Picture heavy yarp)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
First off my heart felt condolences to the victims of the recent bomb and shootings.

I've been pacing the walls since I got back from Finland and needed to get out for some exploring hence the need for this trip.

First up some old bag sat at the airport

DSCF2003.jpg

The rocket pouch you can see zips off and makes not only a practical handbag put also quite a stylish bag that is easy to accessorize with when worn as either an over the shoulder number or a full on back pack.

The other rocket pouch has food rations for the days out. I used a 4 litre Ortlieb water bladder on this one and I filled that at the airport on landing. This sits really well in the rocket pouch I used for hand luggage and against 4 days rations it balances the crusader pack well when both rocket pouches are zipped onto the outside of the bergen.

Ok easy transfer from the airport to Oslo via local coach company where I bought a return ticket that is valid for 3 months. (In case you fancy a longer trip).

Weather is fantastic and the people I have met so far have been great. First port of call is Information centre to buy an Oslo Pass - a baragin at about £20. And believe me you won't here that said alot about shopping in Oslo

XXL.no the home of funky kettles and lavvus and and generally nice people drinking coffee.

DSCF2020.jpg

Ok off the Huk Island via the ferry and Oslo Pass validated at 5pm.

DSCF2024.jpg

The only local cat i saw as i walked through the woods was this one.

DSCF2028.jpg

The weather was fantastic and subsequently the locals were out in force and not much else as you can see..

i15photobucket If you think I'm going to post a picture of a load of naked Norwegians you are kidding your self.

After a great night's sleep in the woods just off the beach it's time to hit the museums.

First one on the agenda was the Holocaust Museum. This was quite a sombre place to visit as you can well imagine

The traitor Victor Quisling's House and the home of the museum.

DSCF2040.jpg

A room at the museum covered in the names of the victims

DSCF2041.jpg

I also visited the Viking Boat Museum, Kon Tiki and Fram. I'll skip the photos here as I know Cliff posted pretty similar ones up that I took.

Found these quite interesting at Fram though. From what i can see it doesn't look like you can lock off the Heamastat forceps which means you would need a pair of hands in there to have these clamped on the blood vessel. I guess many hands make light work and all of that.

DSCF2070-1.jpg

Back on the ferry to the main land and a trip to the resistamce museum on the cards next.

DSCF2083.jpg

DSCF2085.jpg

DSCF2087.jpg

Clock is ticking on the 24 hour Oslo Pass and in fact it's ticking alot quicker than I realised as my wonderful waveceptor watch has decided it prefers to work on GB time rather than the hour forward Norway time.

I realise this when I land at the TBane. My thought here was to catch the train on Line 1 to Frognerseleren. Sadly there is a sign across the platform saying the line is closed. Ok flapping a bit now rapid change of plan and headed to...

DSCF2088.jpg

This was followd by messages back home informing of change or route to the people I knew had my schedule. (Cheers Cliff)

DSCF2089.jpg

Local bird

DSCF2090.jpg

First Nights camp weather closing in

DSCF2106.jpg

Fashioned myself a bench and coat hanger

DSCF2104.jpg

DSCF2108.jpg

DSCF2110.jpg

I've got a few more photos for here that I will add later.

I spent 2 nights in the woods. The weather closed in after the first night to the point where it didn't make practical sense to push on further up the trail. My hope was to head to Frognerseleren but as I had no idea on transport from that point it seemed a bit of an unkown amount.

So back to Soggy Vann station and then on into Oslo

I call this one - Old bag and bloke sitting on a bench by the water

DSCF2127.jpg

Tributes being left in Oslo to their dead.

DSCF2129.jpg

Coach back from Oslo to airport.

And sadly as they say - good things must come to an end....

DSCF2131.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Right please feel free if you wanna know anything about the trip. It was great fun to organize and all the info to build this can be found on the net.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE