so who sat there completely lost?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
while BCUK was down?

bet there was a load who wondered what to do, and a load who decided to have a look at that bookface thing :D

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I was on the ofcom site trying to work out about boat radio licences , still none the wiser !

Something exiting happens and i totaly miss it . :)

Craig.............

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I was on the ofcom site trying to work out about boat radio licences , still none the wiser !

Something exiting happens and i totaly miss it . :)

Craig.............
Give the RYA a ring chap, or at least an approved sailing school, as they run VHF courses they should be able to answer your questions. Hope that helps dude!

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Give the RYA a ring chap, or at least an approved sailing school, as they run VHF courses they should be able to answer your questions. Hope that helps dude!

I have a vhf operators licence , i was trying to register a radio for a new boat as it needs a ship radio licence .
but we can't register it till we pick a name for it .

Thanks anyway mate .

Craig................

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Hahaha got yer, Yay for your new boat! How about "The SOUTHEY"

Sorry mate , from the look i just got from the wife it's a no .

Everything i say she says no and everything she says i say no , but we will keep trying .:argue:

Craig.............

Last edited:

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.

Two main issues: (1) Are you safe to let loose with a transmitter on the marine bands? and (2) Is the equipment you're going to use, and its installation, up to snuff?

For many years I used to pay for one every year, something like 20 or 25 quid, then one year they wrote and said you don't have to pay any more and you can keep the licence and the callsign indefinitely. You still have to apply for a licence (I think) if you haven't got one, and meet all the regulations so you don't cause problems for other users of the spectrum, but I don't think there's any charge at all now for boats. At least there wasn't last time I looked. I don't know if they ask to see your radio operator's licence when you apply for a boat licence, you used to need both and I'm pretty sure you will still. You're also allowed to use a hand-held portable on the strength of having one installed on the boat, but only around the boat. I'm sure there will be boat forums that will answer with more up-to-date information than I can.

Something exiting happens and i totaly miss it...

Never noticed. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE