So what's your excuse?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
The weather is warm and dry, if not exactly sunny (at least where I am), and here we are, sat at our computers, instead of being out and about and bushcrafty, or having the excuse of being in work.

My excuse is that I got sent home from work yesterday through being ill, and today I feel like a limp rag. Moving a mouse is about all I am good for today.

So what's your excuse?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
It's wet here and tinkers have just moved onto my local patch of wilderness.
7983.gif

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
My car's in for it's MOT today so I'm just sitting waiting on the dreaded phone call and making some leather pouches.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
My excuse is I booked 2 weeks off for the moot :)

Been cutting up wood to take with me but the poxy rain has started so I suppose I better go shopping for what supplies I'm taking with me :rolleyes:

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Work, Work and more work i'm afraid, i'd still go out dispite it being damn warm and damned wet, alas however i must work.
all i need is one of those 40k a year for life lottery wins and i'd happily be able to bushcraft and volunteer my little guts out...

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Work, Work and more work i'm afraid, i'd still go out dispite it being damn warm and damned wet, alas however i must work.
all i need is one of those 40k a year for life lottery wins and i'd happily be able to bushcraft and volunteer my little guts out...

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Sat here like a coiled spring.......

Occasionally bursting into activity as something else to pack for the Moot comes into mind.

So I'm waiting quickly!

Ogri the trog

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Update:

I remembered that I needed to post my Tilley hat back to the manufacturers for replacement, as I have worn it out (second time I've managed this - got a hole in the crown). Proudly texted my wife to show her how organised I was being despite feeling ill.

Her reply: "You did post the right box, didn't you? The one on the windowsill is identical but empty"...

Oh. (Could someone please post me up a face-palm)

The lady at the post office thought it was hysterical that I'd posted an empty box. :lmao:

I'm not a well man, I tell you...

D

Deleted member 7976

Booked the time off work to get ready for the moot. Washing, sharpening, (food) shopping. Still got to see if my lantern runs ok on this panel wipe I bought the other day then when all is sorted see how much will fit on the bike.

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
This is week 1 of 6 off work:cool:, so whilst I'm still relatively motivated, I'm sorting out my outdoorsy storeroom (loft).

So far, I've played with knives, axes, saws, tinder, possible pouches, bergans, daysacs, bouyancy aids & various stoves.

When I say played... I meant clean, lube and put away - eventually:rolleyes:

Simon

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I'm at work, this forum breaks up the boredom :)

I'm at my workplace too and the work just breaks up my foruming. Well I've got my priorities sorted, I think. Back to the wall with screen facing the wall too so no-one can see my screen. Well when you're as efficient as I am <cough! cough!> you can spend time doing these things.

Seriously though, whoever posted that it is dry needs to remember that there is this big chunk of land called "The North" that is in perpetual cloud and rain. We had our summer, think it was a couple of weeks around spring bank. Still doesn't stop me at weekends, its just when the horizontal rains come some of my friends force me into a tea shop, I have no choice in the matter honest. Need to get some more bushcrafty mates who don't mind rain methinks

Morrolan

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2010
Chorley, Lancashire
Same here - working and breaking up the boredom on here!

However I'm getting a little scared about the moot (my first) - some people seem to be taking entire workshops with them and filling vans - can anyone tell me exactly what to expect, i.e. how many people will likely be there etc?

I've got to bring all of my stuff on my back and people seem to be packing their entire house :|

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE