snugpak rocket pack

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Hi,

As anyone got a snugpak rocket pack ?, or does anyone know if they are any good, as price wise(£58 at polimil) with side pouches they seem a good buy.

Thanks, Rob

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I had one for a while but didn't get on with it very well. I found it uncomfortable fully loaded but many folk rate them very highly. I'd suggest trying one on if you can get chance.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
They have a fairly short back. I am just 5'7" or so and found it killing after just half a mile. I got the Sabre45 and that has worked much better for me. If you get one, be sure you take it out with a full load for a practice while you still have the option of sending it back if it doesn't suit.

Quality was fine. Kinda liked the built in rain covers. The compression straps were good and long, but the ice axe loops were too short to take a GB Small Forrest axe, unlike the ones on the Sabre, which are adjustable. Definitely worth a look though if you have a short back length.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Its easy just try one on loaded up in a shop
It will be short on your back depending on your height
if thats ok and you feel comfy then get one
I nearly did and got a longback Bergan instead
Same price more or less but used

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
The reviewer acknowledges that he made a mistake on the origin - see the comments below the video - repeated below - he is talking about snugpaK and has thenm, for sale to Americans on his website:

SNUGPAK is an English brand; read the label - it isnt Swedish!
The Rocket rucksack also comes in black and has a pull-out camouflage rainproof cover that unzips from a pocket at the base of the main bag. I use this rucksack all the time and rate it 10/10 if anyone is interested in buying one.

wildernessoutfitters (9 months ago) Reply Yes you are correct I had mis spoke on origin

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thank you very much folks, if they are only suitable for a short back that rules me out.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Rob

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I would echo the neggative qualities, i had one thought it was great till i tried to carry a full load, never seemed strong enough(but didn't break).

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
NO Mate it's snugpak not snugpac and SNUGPAK are made in Silsden in England i live only 2 miles away from their factory.

Yes I know, I thought it funny. Like: Ah, Holland the capital of Denmark!

BTW, the guy makes excellent video's and I love his approach.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE