Snowdon nov 09

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 22, 2009
dorking, surrey
just posting some pics from my charity hike in november 09. went up on the watkin path and came down along the west ridge then cut down along the old railway tracks, total time 5hrs so i was quite pleased.
2q01rh2.jpg

2dp6p0.jpg

1fkdhs.jpg

n3uhc4.jpg

2rh78dh.jpg

2ziznzm.jpg

8yclg0.jpg

27yskrl.jpg

2m35nw1.jpg

210ivcm.jpg

2saeyo4.jpg

futnqw.jpg

27xiefo.jpg

nv71vb.jpg

ab7kj.jpg

30v27tj.jpg

thanks for looking
joshua

hertsboy

Forager
May 16, 2009
Watford, Hertfordshire
Well done!

You're a Lucky Lad - to get a view from the top. Every time I've been to the top of Snowdon, it's been shrouded in cloud.

I haven't been up the Watkin Path - heard it's the hardest route up (apart from Crib Goch). How did you find the going?

Dec 22, 2009
dorking, surrey
quite hard if there was a strong wind coming in on you its a no go
yer we were quite lucky with the visibility, if we'd been 15 mins out i would have been taking photos in a cloud basically.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Congratulations for conquering the Watkin path, I did it on August bank holiday weekend and along with 200 other people sat steaming in the Cafe at the top as we all pealed of layers of soaking gear :rolleyes:

The train down wasn't an option, it could only get half way up due to the bad weather, so we headed back down on much the same path except we headed downwards all the way as many paths were shrouded with cloud and not visible, took us a bit further but got us down safe.

The locals later told us it was the worst August bank-holiday weekend for a long time.

But we enjoyed it, honest we did, even though my tent was the onlyone standing the next morning and my two companions spent their night in the van:D

Wings :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE