Smart system...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hey

I will give you a tip to improve your fixed blade!
You have your fixed blade with it's leathersheath. Make a small hole somewhere in the sheath to a big needle :!: :wink:
Somewhere else on the sheath you place a metalmatch :!: :wink:
Inside the sheath you place some home-made survivalinstructions on paper :!: :wink:
All this works best on a knife with leathersheath, woodhandle and a strap on the sheath, to attach it to a belt.

Good luck!

Andy
Vikingpower!

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Okay?
Aren't there anyone who has something to say?
What I meant with this system is that you always have a knifebased survival kit with you in your fixed...?!?!

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I like the idea of putting a hole in the leather sheath because a carbon steel blade can quickly rust. I want to figure out a way to adda firesteel to my sheath too.

Thanks! Great tips!

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
carrying a fixed blade,with a firesteel attached to the sheath is a system most bushcrafters seem to adopt,I would suggest,respectfully, that you learn how to do all the stuff on the survival notes then you will have room for something else,or write your notes on the waxed paper type tinder like Gary sells at bearclaw bushcraft .Then in a true emergency you have tinder as well as the fire steel. :chill:

I just cut up bike inner tubes to various lengths, then the fire steel just sits in there, not a new idea but works fine. For a real tight fit roll them on like a condo..... :nono: cricket bat handle. They have 1000's of uses on belts bergens and are good at the end of maglites.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I also found that buying a bit of leather and a rivet gun can adapt the sheath to hold pretty much anything... although a 5 star hotel may be a little unwieldy :naughty:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE