Smaller Hammocks (Children?) Guaging interest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I had my two daughters out for an overnight trip last night. It was the first night sleeping in a hammock for both of them. It set me thinking if the next time I run a group buy if there is any interest in getting some of the smaller hammocks for use by children or perhaps for some of the smaller members.. The shorter hammocks could also have a use as gear hammocks.

Only problem is at this stage I do not know if they would be much cheaper than the full size hammocks, bearing in mind that most of the Group Price is made up of Initial delivery from Bali, Import Duty, VAT, Paypal fees and postage in the UK. So even if the smaller hammocks are cheaper to produce the resulting group buy price would not be much cheaper.

So if they are not going to be much cheaper , why get them? Well just because it may be more comfortable for small children to use and as the hammock is smaller it will not need so big a tarp or is till have better weather protection with the same tarp.

So what do you think?

PS Sorry I have not quoted the actual size of the children's hammocks but the makers site seems to be down at the moment.

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
Judging by my son's consistent occupation of the current group buy hammock at the recent Moot, I'd say there doesn't appear to be much of an issue with comfort for smaller people!!! If the price is similar, just get a full-sized one and you've got more flexibility and a lifetime's use ahead of it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE