Small Portable Firebox/Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
I would take one but it doesn't look very strong and its very small especially for the price!
I could probably get the same heat and usefulness out of my £2 Stainless steel cutlery strainer homemade hobo stove.
So can someone tell me why they are so good, especially if I will be paying over £60.

Hi Greg,

They certainly aren't weak. I don't know all the fancy words for the metal, but it won't bend and doesn't warp. I can't imagine it will ever need replacing. I've been regually using mine for what must be over a year now.

Advantages over a cutlery hobo sotve....I would say that it is its versitility (is that a word?) that makes them useful. To start with it packs flat, so it takes up little space in the bag...Using the hot plate or grill for boiling/frying/grilling on on plus I've doubled the hotplate with the grill on top before for baking bannock (as the air gap between the hotplate and the grill makes it perfect for this)...Its all self supporting, so you don't need to sort out hanging stands to balance pots over it.

So it just bish bash bosh and it up and ready to go, a full kitchen range! :D

I would say that its only downside is its weight, being at around 2Kg, but this isn't really notice when its in the rucksack. Unless you're a lightweight camper, where every gram counts for whatever reason.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Ok, so we're a little short on takers so far, 7 down, 13 to go....

mick miller x 1
gorilla x 1
kiltedpict x 1
Jacko x 1
UKHaiku x 1
shocks x 1
Richie O x 1

KP:D

crofter

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 3, 2004
UK
I'll have one please

mick miller x 1
gorilla x 1
kiltedpict x 1
Jacko x 1
UKHaiku x 1
shocks x 1
Richie O x 1
Crofter x 1

Ade

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Ah well, go on then :D

mick miller x 1
gorilla x 1
kiltedpict x 1
Jacko x 1
UKHaiku x 1
shocks x 1
Richie O x 1
Crofter x 1
ADP-189 x 1
Bowser x 1
andy_e x 1

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
We've just pipped over the 10 mark (11), that means nine to go... I'll find out the postage costs to Hong Kong later this week.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
I've used my stove on numberous occasions and not just for ten minutes at a time and have had NO problem with the metal warping at all.

Mind you its now pretty black, so am very grateful of the bag it comes with! lol.

Warping - would you call this warping?
IMGP0751.jpg

IMGP0741.jpg

IMGP0739.jpg

IMGP0737.jpg

IMGP0753.jpg

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Yes.....

But that isn't the woodland edge stove.

So i don't follow.

Okay - this is a quote from an earlier discussion in this thread. I was talking about the thickness of the steel (1.8mm) and wondered if the woodland edge stove warped like this one (which is another popular stove) made of similar materials. What I cannot understand is that steel being steel...and heat being heat...that mine has warped and the woodland edge does not.....That's all. Maybe its to do with the design, how its braced etc......:)

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I apologise if this is a daft qustion, but is there any way of telling the quality of the steel used? Could this have a bearing too?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE