Small Portable Firebox/Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

arian

Jun 10, 2005
Where Am I?
Hi Guys,

I'm very pleased to report that Woodland Edge and I have reached an agreement.

Throughout the discussions we have had, they have demonstrated themselves to be people of integrity and I am entirely happy to accept this all as a misunderstanding. I do not believe there was any intent to be dishonest or to mislead on the part of Woodland Edge.

Our agreement is as follows:

1. The phrase: "Developed from the modified Nimblewill stove described on the Bushcraft UK forum" will feature on the Woodland Edge website and any advertising literature they produce relating to the firebox.

2. A donation will be made to the woodland trust for every firebox sold. This will be made at the end of each calendar year and details of the contribution will be posted on this forum.

3. As a goodwill gesture, Woodland Edge will be providing me with a firebox free of charge.

It's well over a year now.

1. I've just looked on the Woodland Edge site, and if your phrase is there, it's well hidden. Searching on Google for the phrase "modified <word> stove" only gives one hit (and not BushcraftUK).

2. Can anyone give me a pointer to this post detailing the donation?

3. Did you receive your firebox?

arian

Beech Nut

Forager
Apr 27, 2006
Basingstoke
Arian

Not that difficult to spot matey. Look here... http://www.woodlandedge.co.uk/firebox.html

And I quote "With various styles of burners available, we are pleased to have developed the advanced Woodland Edge Firebox from the modified Nimblewell stove shown on the Bushcraft UK forum."

Also at the bottom of the page is a big Woodland trust logo with the words "We are proud to be supporting the Woodland Trust and are pleased to be making a donation for each firebox sold. " above it

These guys are as honest and helpful as you can get and I believe Scoops did get his free stove.

Jon

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
For some reason, everytime I go on the stove page of their site it locks up my browser, but only on the stove page.

I did notice that the picture on the site shows the stove with folding legs - are these available separately as my firebox hasn't got them (but it does have the holes) ?

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
For some reason, everytime I go on the stove page of their site it locks up my browser, but only on the stove page.

I did notice that the picture on the site shows the stove with folding legs - are these available separately as my firebox hasn't got them (but it does have the holes) ?

The legs are available as an optional extra. They are worth while as they lift the hot part of the stove above where it can do much damage to the ground. The stoves already have holes to take the legs.:D

Beech Nut

Forager
Apr 27, 2006
Basingstoke
Nick

Its Just you.:) They are very different. And with respect to the duys at DD, I think they Woodland edge ones are Far higher quality.

I have lots of hammocks but the W.E. ones are my favorite. I believe that W.E are the Sole UK Distributers of these hammocks. I actually Purchased my one from the U.S Before W.E. were distributing them. Its great to see that they are now available direct from a UK Supplier.

Jon

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Just to let everyone know I've received notification from woodland edge of the donation made to the Woodland Trust from the sale of the stoves.

:D

Scoops

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
Just to let everyone know I've received notification from woodland edge of the donation made to the Woodland Trust from the sale of the stoves.

:D

Scoops

Nice one.. Wasn't the amount being donated going to be posted on here too? Just curious.. :D

As an aside, I also might be interested in the GB on the stove, dependent on price (would expect it to include the legs option in the buy too..?).

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Nice one.. Wasn't the amount being donated going to be posted on here too? Just curious.. :D

Looking back, yes it was. The amount was £50. I guess this works out to something like a £1-2 per stove, I don't know how many they've sold, but it seems a reasonable contribution.

I wasn't sure if they'd already posted details as I've been busy out and about of late and may have missed their post.

Scoops

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
I'd be up for another group buy on these provided the price could be reduced. I've been looking for a more environmentally friendly, but convenient alternative to using gas cans/ fuel camping stoves on my long session fishing trips.

Fires on the bankside are usually out, due to the scorching and mess left behind rather than the immediate fire risk, however as the firebox has legs I'm guessing that that is overcome. Looks like a well thought out bit of kit (wish I'd seen this before buying that Primus multifuel).

Nice to see the evolution too, so a nod of acknowledgment to both Nimblewill and Scoops also.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
A little OT, but I use a mini folding table from eurohike to raise my stove above ground level. it costs about &#163;10 and weighs very little.
I use it regularly as it gives me a stable platform to cook on and leaves no scorch marks

N

Newbie woodworm

Looks cool, would be interested in another group buy dependant on price!!:Wow:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE