Sloe Vodka...with Maple Syrup!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Watched and liked. I was wondering about playing with more natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup. Do the tend to fall out of solution over time? It seems a shame to take some effort in clearing your tinctures if they only end up with a residue in the bottom of the bottle later. If you’ve any observations I’d be glad to hear them.

Reactions: British Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Watched and liked. I was wondering about playing with more natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup. Do the tend to fall out of solution over time? It seems a shame to take some effort in clearing your tinctures if they only end up with a residue in the bottom of the bottle later. If you’ve any observations I’d be glad to hear them.
It's a complex question. Sugars should dissolve fully but other matter ( e.g. suspended pollen in honey) won't. Generally, if it dissolves, it stays dissolved. This is why I filter after sweetening.

Reactions: bobnewboy

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I’ve always said you were a good bloke Mr Red mate, a very good bloke, the very best:)

Mmmmmmm ( insert Homer Simpson drooling emoji ) Sloe Gin and Maple mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE