Sleeping Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dobson442

Jan 14, 2013
Derby
I have been out a few times overnight recently and if im honest its been rather cold. I realise now that i need a decent sleeping bag, I can spend around £100 any suggestions on where i should look and what to go for Cheers Dean

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
if you are looking for a winter bag in that price range its probably got to be synthetic. Snugpak elite 4 would fit the bill.

if you want down, cotswold have a 0C marmot bag on offer for £110 or there is the alpkit down bags.

if you dont care about weight and pack size the army arctic bag is rated to -30 and can be had for 20-30 quid

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
if you are looking for a winter bag in that price range its probably got to be synthetic. Snugpak elite 4 would fit the bill.

if you want down, cotswold have a 0C marmot bag on offer for £110 or there is the alpkit down bags.

if you dont care about weight and pack size the army arctic bag is rated to -30 and can be had for 20-30 quid

have to agree with the above. Cant go wrong with these

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
The elite 4 has a built in baffle that you can unzip to give a bit more room. They also sell an additional expander panel to take it up to a very very roomy bag

+1 for the elite 4 !!! I could be classed are "well Built" :) and the elite 4 is nice and snug when zipped close, but nice and roomy when you expand the baffle. Reasonable weight and pack size too !!!!

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Just closed in,its probably because that bag ive been using is open at the top and im not used to it

Maybe you might be better off looking for something that's more open at the top then and maybe wearing something on your head/neck to keep warm. I mainly use snugpak softie bags for camping trips, one of the reasons I like them so much is that I can get my pillow (duvet jacket in a stuff sack) inside the hood, I can then pull the hood close and still have plenty of free space around my head and shoulders. If it's cold I wear a cotton/wool mix headscarf to keep my head and neck warm, it works pretty well for me.

Cheers,

Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE