Sleeping Bag reccomendations......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Partickpebbles

Dec 18, 2010
South Milford
again as a newbie...

Whats good/bad/indifferent? Dont want to spend tons, so an idea of brand price range would be great... oh and for use in a hammock!

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
take a look at the alpkit site. Really depends on what you want it for, what seasons etc. Alpkit do a good range of cheap but good quality bags though.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
If you want good quality on a budget then have a look at British army bags. Central zip and pretty bombproof albeit a bit bulky and heavy

unsponsored

Settler
Apr 6, 2009
North East England
What can you pick up from the factory shop ? Is it seconds and samples or can all products be bought ?

A bit everything really. Sample colours, display kit, end of line, stuff thats never went into production.

I have bought down jackets, thermals and two sleeping bags in the past. You'll find Pod kit as well.

They are open from 12 on Weds/Thurs. Its always been busy. Usually full of folk over 60 when I have been. They'll take cards.

Jericho

Tenderfoot
Feb 12, 2010
N.Wales
If you want good quality on a budget then have a look at British army bags. Central zip and pretty bombproof albeit a bit bulky and heavy

Heh, a bit??? :lmao:

I've got one of these but no stuff sack for it.
(Thinking of getting one)

Anyone know the dimensions once they're in the sack?

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Snugpak softie elite 3

I have the softie kestrel bag which is 200 grams less than that elite 3, but a whopping 5 degrees less in performance, and for around the same price. Should of got the softie elite 3!

But I must say my softie kestrel has served me perfectly well even in the winter months.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Sry to bump this thread but snugpak are based in Silsden and they told me they have a seconds room which have massively reduced prices for minor issues with quality. Its a few mile from ilkley and skipton!! Im going to check it out for some jackets soon. Give them a ring and they will tell you when they allow visiters (no factory shop)

Sep 20, 2010
kent
Sry to bump this thread but snugpak are based in Silsden and they told me they have a seconds room which have massively reduced prices for minor issues with quality. Its a few mile from ilkley and skipton!! Im going to check it out for some jackets soon. Give them a ring and they will tell you when they allow visiters (no factory shop)

This sounds great have you got the number for them please??

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE