Sleeping...Bag? No... Suit!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Made me chuckle :lmao:

20904.jpg

http://www.drinkstuff.com/products/product.asp?ID=4071&title=Lippi Selk All In One

Cheers
Carlo

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
He He do I detect a hint of sarcasm there red? :rolleyes:
I love all this random crap people come up with, anyone see that wilderness survival ball that you hung from a tree and sat in, was on a thread last weekish... Got christened the 'bear pinyata', hilarious! :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Actaully if its not a rip off of the design I chatted with the guy who built the prototype in South America. This one seems to be a very lightweight version but the original plan was to have one good to -20C in down that packed up really small.

Not bothered about the legs but the idea of having insulated arms that I can lie with my head pillowed on an arm but the bag "done up" quite appeals (a bit like the old "sniper suits"). Great for reading etc. when out in the winter too. This one appears more form than function but the idea of being able to sleep warm without being swaddled with my arms pinned to my sides really works for me.

£130 for a garment no good on a mild spring evening is a bit strong though. I'll stick to my Wanderinstar quilt! But when someone makes a "real" version of this I could be tempted!

Red

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
It's a bit bright. Nanok make something along similar lines, if in a little more subdued colours. I had one for a while, when I was trying find my ideal hammock sleeping solution (the nanok, not the yellow thing).

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
As someone who hates sleeping bags because I have having my legs trapped - I'd buy
one. But I'd still have to pack it as there's no way I'm taking a train journey wearing that
AND having my mahoosive rucksack attached to me.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
When i was much younger, i remember a surplus shop in Halifax, West Yorkshire, called Ben Aaron's (near the North Bridge). It used to sell surplus German Army sleeping bag's that had sleeve's and a zip across the thighs. This enabled you to unzip and free your legs; the bottom of the bag folded up and clipped onto the rear of the sleeping bag at the base of the spine. At least that's how i remember it, or did i dream it? Anyone else familiar with these? I think they were half lined with moleskin, half quilted.

When i was much younger, i remember a surplus shop in Halifax, West Yorkshire, called Ben Aaron's (near the North Bridge). It used to sell surplus German Army sleeping bag's that had sleeve's and a zip across the thighs. This enabled you to unzip and free your legs; the bottom of the bag folded up and clipped onto the rear of the sleeping bag at the base of the spine. At least that's how i remember it, or did i dream it? Anyone else familiar with these? I think they were half lined with moleskin, half quilted.

yep thats them where all the rage in Cadets

but where quite thin and cold and the majority of it was covered in waterproof non breathable so got Damp and cold
if you want arms just use a nice Doss bag and a Snug pac jacket :D or other branded jacket
maybe you want a Bag that just comes up to yout arm pits for use with a jacket only
might need a system to stop it comeing away in the night but at least half the system is usable in the daytime as well

actually if the system fixes together it could be at the bottom of the jacket so making 2 small parts might make packing easier
could also have differnt insulation ratings

Any body got Snug paks number :D :lmao:

ATb

Duncan

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
looks a bit soviet cosmonaught dont it?!
an old flatmate of mine made one from a sleeping bag many years ago,used it for cod fishing on chesil midwinter!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE