Slap Strap Hammock Suspension Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
hi everyone i am new too bushcraft i have the dd hammock & tarp set up although i havent
used it yet,just set up in back garden too try.excellnt was surprised how comfy it was..anyway i was thinking of doing the hammock mod by chainsaw..i found Hammock Suspension Kit made from webbing with loops in the webbing every 1ft are these any good
it is 7' 8" long. • 5 oz, 7' 8"L x 1"W • Strong tubular webbing • 5 webbing loop anchor points thpought i would ask as i dont see anyone here using them cheers shogun...

Carbuncle

Forager
Jan 12, 2009
Merseyside
http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc....e=DF002&Attributes=Yes&Quantity=1&Action=ADPR

I've got the Slap Straps and the Slap Straps Pro. I wouldn't go for the slap straps - they're too short, you'll struggle to get your tarp up in the space left between the trees. The "pro" ones give you an extra 2ft and are lighter to boot. Against them both is that they are all prone to stretch, though this doesn't bother me. When my lardy buttocks have been on it for 10 minutes, a quick adjustment and its sorted. The big upside is they're super quick to put up and adjust.

You can do it with the DD "strong" webbing - I did it and have used it quite a bit. Assuming you've done the Krab mod, and have two big lengths left over: Tie a bowline on one end (to make the loop aroung the tree) and a row of alpine butterflys at intervals along the other, ending in a figure of eight loop or something. The krab will hook on the appropriate one of those.

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
I got some pro slap straps with ENO hammocks I bought and don't rate them to be honest - it becomes irritating having the loops at set intervals as I always found them to be in the wrong place. Webbing with carabiners is the way to go in my humble opinion, and I use tri-glide buckles which make life really easy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE