Skins on Estuffforsale

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
You've bet 1p????? OK, if you win them for that, I'll give you 2p for them. 100% profit.

Eric

Nice idea, how abouts I give you £20 for one of your lovely flasks, that would cover your costs I imagine and give you a 100% profit as well?

indoorsout, you have pm.

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
:D No minimum on the bidding. I think he just wants to get rid of them. I'm reasonably close to him so I'll probably be able to get a taxi to get them home if I can't get the FIL to do it :)

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Just a thought, for those who know mroe than me about leather (which is most of you I think!). The guy says the leathers were veg-tanned then sent here to be retanned - why would this be? Also it says they were not retanned, does this make a difference?

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Yes! Got the skins home today. They are quite thin, being goat :) about 1 or 2mm mainly. There is quite a variety of size and finish but there's a good amount of workable leather there.

Just a couple with my bracers for scale
PICT0014.jpg

A close-up of the surface of one skin
PICT0015.jpg

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
They look pretty good! got much planned for em?

(Remember my PM:thinkerg: :dunno: :yelrotflm :nono: :grouphug: :Thinkingo :sad6: :bluThinki :eek: :( :confused: :) :lmao: :eek: :You_Rock_

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
I'm planning moccasins with some of mine. Pondering possibly doing another coracle as well, will have to see if I could get enough out of them.

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Hi fishy, I'll sort out your skins tonight or tomorrow and find out how much it'll cost to post them. PM me your details :) They are quite musty and there is some sign of midew on the ends of some skins but the main body of the hides is in general quite good. I wouldn't say they were up to sheath weight but I'm going to try some light moccs and a fair few bags :)

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Got a deal on the postage, all parcels will be sent via courier on Tuesday, £5.50 each and they will collect from my house :D Found it through this link - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheap-parcel-delivery I could have got the 2 smaller parcels sent for a quid less but then I'dve had to take them to the post office on foot.

So all the hides should be with you on Weds, make sure there's someone there to collect it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE