SJ4000 camera

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
You have to watch out that you don't get the cheap cheap copy of the copy, otherwise the reviews are good.

The SJ4000 was very popular, as its been around for a while now, its one of the cheapest budget cameras, however I would strongly recommend the Git 1 or 2 instead.

I had a SJ5000+ from bangood.com, bangood support was appaling, I wouldnt buy anything ore than a few pound from them. The build quality of recent SJ cams isnt very good.

The Git 1 and 2 are excellent build quality and the support from the manufacturers is amazing, they listen to users and add new features in firmware updates, whereas SJCam just keep releasing new models rather than improving existing ones.

It depends what you want the camera for, and whether you just want the cheapest.

Git 1 and SJ4000 are 2mp, SJ5000+ and Git2 are 16mp

so if you want still photos, go for the higher spec. If you want the best possible lowlight video, go for Git1, the less pixels, the better each one is at collecting the available light.

I havent used Sj4000, and there are lots of good reviews, if you are going to get one, Magickelly got us a discount from gearbest in the above link.

most chinese supplied cameras only have a 3 month warranty be warned.

If you want a good all round camera, I cant recommend the Git2 enough, its a good car dash cam, you can but it with a standard wide angle 170 lens, or a narrow angle 72 degree lens, but these ones dont fit a waterproof case.

anyone fell free to PM questions re the cams...
Al

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
can i put any video footage of the SJ4000/Git1 or 2 etc onto my ipad?

You are a lot more limited what you can do with apple devices, they are quite a bit dumbed down , but if you use a special usb camera adapter, then you should be able copy the footage in to the camera roll of the ipad, whether it can play is another matter,

you could use wifi, but its meant for streaming preview not transferring video, will be ridiculously slow

i have used android phones and tablets to look at the sd card of sjcam and git2, and was able to browse, preview, edit either on the camera sd card or copy to phones/tablet card, using a cheap otg adapter.

so basically any limitations will be in the ipad.

Apr 12, 2014
middle earth
You are a lot more limited what you can do with apple devices, they are quite a bit dumbed down , but if you use a special usb camera adapter, then you should be able copy the footage in to the camera roll of the ipad, whether it can play is another matter,

you could use wifi, but its meant for streaming preview not transferring video, will be ridiculously slow

i have used android phones and tablets to look at the sd card of sjcam and git2, and was able to browse, preview, edit either on the camera sd card or copy to phones/tablet card, using a cheap otg adapter.

so basically any limitations will be in the ipad.

thank you!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE