Siting my camera. Now to wait..............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I've always kept a keen eye on the ledge to the right of the pic and have wanted to put my camera there for a while.

200520121108.jpg

Anyway, I got down to it from the woods and it just seemed too open and inviting for anybody to get access to the stream.
It's not like I ever see anyone down there, but you never know.
A look on the ledge confirmed that the otter has been there recently.

190520121101.jpg

I've thrown caution to the wind and decided to set the camera on this mark.
This is the cameras point of view.

190520121100.jpg

From the stream side.

190520121099.jpg

Face on.

190520121102.jpg

I pulled a large branch across the entry point to the ledge. High enough to hinder humans and to let any creature crawl under.
I then pulled and manouvered the holly and branches around (without any branch cutting) to make it less inviting (I doubt normal people will want to walk through holly). Neither did I want the branches/leaves to hinder the shot or set the camera off inadvertently.
I also tried to ensure that I didn't leave a trail through the ramsons. I don't think it looks too bad there, I hope I get some results.

230520121121.jpg

Last edited:

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I don't know why they stopped making the cameras in camo finish. I've got an older camo one, wrapped in camo tape and with some leaves tucked into the tape and strap you really struggle to see it unless you know it's there. I still hate leaving it anywhere public though.

Do you find birds attack the shiny bits of the camera? I've got a few mega close up blurry shots of birds trying to peck it.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I was looking at them, and a few others of that ilk, a few months ago. how do you rate it

All I'd say is, go for the next model up with the colour viewing screen.
I've only got the black and white lcd screen which allows me to do the settings, but not view what I'm pointing at or any shots I've taken without using another device.
Overall, the image quality is good and the trigger time is faster than other cheaper models.
Only problem I've had so far was it fogged up when it was really, really cold and I missed a shot, but that was an extreme case.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I don't know why they stopped making the cameras in camo finish. I've got an older camo one, wrapped in camo tape and with some leaves tucked into the tape and strap you really struggle to see it unless you know it's there. I still hate leaving it anywhere public though.

Do you find birds attack the shiny bits of the camera? I've got a few mega close up blurry shots of birds trying to peck it.

I've always managed to site my camera in such a way that nobody is going to see it unless they're looking for it. Most places are not where people (in the main) are ever likely to go.
Never really had the bird thing, my biggest gripe is squirrels and rats.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE