SIP Chainsaw trousers 32/34" - For Sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
Well, as I no longer get the chance to work part time as an arborist, I have resigned myself to the fact that, for now at least, I may as well let my trousers go to someone who can put them to better use as it's a shame to have them just lying around. :(

They are as follows: SIP Protection Class C / Type 1 all round protection chainsaw trousers in Navy blue. The protective lining covers the whole leg front to back so are suitable for climbing operations as well as ground based work.

Size would suit a 32/34" waist. EDIT: After Longstrider's post I decided to a: try these on again and b: measure myself. My waist is 37" (must have been in denial the past 18 months :rolleyes: )and they still fit (had to breathe in a little but I could still work happily- the back of the trouser is elasticated)
My inside leg length, from crotch to floor, was 33". The trousers just skim the floor without shoes, so even a longer inside leg could fit these i think, especially with high legged chainsaw boots on to provide overlap in protection.

IMG_1237-285x380.JPG

They have had very little use, as I only worked the odd day, so with the exception of a few resin marks here and there, and a tiny nick near the right pocket, they are in excellent condition. All fasteners are intact. Oh, and I'll make sure they're frshly washed before sending!

If anyone is interested, please PM me to discuss details. I think I'd like to sell them for £50 +, plus whatever the postage costs. :)

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
Fallow Way said:
just wanted to check, the nick hasnt caught any of the nylon has it?
Hi, no, it's more of a thorn puncture which frayed a little- just the outer fabric is affected though.

Edit: Actually, I just double checked and the nick is actually on the actual hip pocket itself, so there is no protective fabric underneath that part anyway...

Thanks for raising that FW!

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
Longstrider said:
Oh how I wish that either you were bigger round that waist or that I was not so fat!
:D Actually I am a bit bigger than that (especially since parenthood)! I reckon a 36" would fit these, but that would be a snug fit.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Is that to say that they would fit someone with a 34/36" waist over their normal trousers or that they would need to be worn by themselves? Either way, how long are the legs?

You might gather that I'm pretty interested in these....

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
With a 34/36" waist would be fine, but you'd only wear these on their own- the protective material makes them quite warm and a little bulky anyway, so they are designed to be worn as a pair of work trousers.

My legs are 31", -these are straight legged and shorter than my usual casual trousers, but should be worn with a boot- chainsaw boots are high legged so there is some overlap in the protection.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Sorry Underground, the length of the leg will be far too short for me. I normally take a 34" leg, so the chainsaw trousers will be far too short for me if they are shorter than your normal 31" trousers. I need trousers, not pedal pushers.

Hope someone else snaps these up from you. They would be a good buy for anyone who could put them to good use.

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
just some advise ==

have you considered ebay>? with a good wash youd get £75 on ebay for them easily
people dont seem to know a lot about chainsaw kit i,e a husqi 357 used for a year in the wood went for over 350 a few weeks ago(part ex against a new 357 it would be worth £180 tops) also ive seen used boots go for £120(these particular ones were £149 new) its worth a try if you get no takers heare (free bump :) )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE