Single click/ double click

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
On every other web site I go on if I want to go back a page I single click the "back to" button or use the backspace key on the keyboard. A couple of weeks ago I noticed when using this forum I now have to double click the aforementioned buttons whilst other webpages still only require 1 click.

Why, what's changed? I assume it's something that changed on the forum settings rather than anything I've done?

Gibbo.

Admin will have a looksy, though I reckon it's not high on the priority list. You could install Firefox, as I've heard that'll work. I'm on Safari without any probs. Or you could test Google Chrome and let us know ;)

See also this 2 week old thread: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72383

Thanks for that. All good suggestions re. Firefox/ Google Chrome but I'm on a works laptop and the company takes a dim view on employees installing stuff so they limit the permissions. I'll wait to see if the mods fix it, in the meantime I'll just have to remember to double click...
Gibbo.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
doesn't drive me mad as i use firefox, however, i do understand (I've played with it in IE a couple of times now) it's obviously to do with google and I'm trying to sort it out but not getting far although i'm sure it will get sorted, we've removed the code we had on the site for the ads and i'm sure that's still the cause so we'll carry on looking into it.....

Firefox guys ;)

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Still does it with IE8...

I now have a habbit of 2x double back clicking on other sites, which is even more annoying! :p

I think I spend too much time on here LoL!

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
Its all I've known since I joined the forum so its normal for me, but at first it was real hard to get used too.
As you say tho all other websites dont have this issue.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
...I am just a humble Windows Internet explorer user....but not the latest one which locks my PC....

If you click Internet Explorer's 'help' button (up near the top somewhere) and then click 'About' Internet Explorer it will tell you what version you're using. It will be some funny, long, vaguely number-like thing with possibly more than one decimal point, but the first decimal point will be after the first digit. All you need to know is that first digit. I guess it will probably be '6'.

If it's less than 8 you really need to upgrade, because older versions are at much more risk, if that's possible, than versions 8 and 9 of allowing the Bad Guys into your computer.

You don't even need to click on a bad link, or do something that a more computer-literate user might call silly. If you (for example) visited the Stock Exchange Website a few months ago your computer would probably have been taken over by criminals. At the moment there are something like a quarter of a million Websites known to be under criminal control. All you have to do is visit one using a vulnerable computer, and then you might have to spend a couple of days getting over it, even if you know what you're doing.

If you can't get a recent version of Internet Explorer working, try Firefox. It's free, it works, and it's a lot safer than Internet Explorer. There are several others you could try but I don't want to overload you with information.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2010
Cheltenham
Should now be fixed, minor issue with the controlling of google code but this is now resolved.
Testing in IE8 I can now go back using a single click.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Google google google, gotta hate it sometimes.

This should be fixed in all the versions of IE now, I'll presume that no news is good news and keep my head down :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE