Simple Quiver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A new quiver made for myself. In the midst of making stuff for others, I sometimes need to find a break to make something for me.
dsc_0001.jpg

Nothing fancy. It hangs vertically from a belt or from the baldric strap (removable). I don't like a back quiver so this is a system that has worked well for me for years.
dsc_0003.jpg

I decided to stick a sgian dubh on this one as one can never have too many knives handy.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Nice quiver. I'm thinking of trying archery again(used to shoot in the 80's)& was thinking of a new quiver, thanks for sharing.

Rob

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Nothing simple about that, lovely work. Arrows and selfnocks also look the business.

Thanks Dwardo. I'm working up three new sets of arrows right now. One set, southeast American Indian style from river cane and hardwood, one set of English war arrows from poplar, and I should be receiving a set of arrow bamboo from an acquaintance any day. I have high hopes for those.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Thanks Dwardo. I'm working up three new sets of arrows right now. One set, southeast American Indian style from river cane and hardwood, one set of English war arrows from poplar, and I should be receiving a set of arrow bamboo from an acquaintance any day. I have high hopes for those.

Brave man, i absolutely hate making arrows, and strings come to think of it. Yours sound like they will be a work of art. Post them on here when you get a second ;)

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Awesome job on the quiver but indeed your arrows look really nice as well, any chance we can get some close ups?
ps I love the idea of the kinda cross-over belt loop and knife holder, might use that some day ^^

These aren't pretty arrows and show their hard use. But here goes:

dsc_0004.jpg

These are Port Orford cedar with cherry wood footings and "Eskimo" broadheads.

dsc_0005.jpg

The fletchings look a bit ratty and the left ones have been replaced (but it is my favorite arrow for some reason).
All are painted with boiled linseed oil, thickened and left arrow has red ochre mixed in the oil.

Here are a couple shots of Cherokee style hickory pointed arrows. The shafts are river cane (Arundinaria gigantea), a common material for shafts in prehistoric america. They are tough but aren't necessarily the best looking specimens.

dsc_0006.jpg

dsc_0007.jpg

Although used with simple wooden head like this, they might also have bone, antler, or stone points attached. They are very fast and very light as this is a true form of bamboo. Just not as perfect as some asiatic varieties.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE