simple bird trap

May 13, 2008
leeds
(sorry if this is in the rong secson cudant fined whear to put it )hi all just wondering if any one nows of a gd simple bird trap of caching magpie or crow some think a beginer can do with out much troble

V

vambo

the trap you are looking for is a larsen trap there may'be plans on the internet if not they are available from the basc shop they are fairly easy to make but you do need special springs if you have any problems let me know hope this helps

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
Are you wanting it alive or dead? Cos if you want it dead, a catapult will do it no problem. Air rifle as well, or a shotgun. A bucket in the ground would do it as well I imagine, with a bit of grain in it. I haven't tried a bucket deliberately, but occasioanally birds get into the loft and they always end up landing in a bucket and can't get out.

Larsens are a bit of work to make and the difficulty is catching the 1st brid (the call bird).

scrubcutter

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2008
Dorset
A Larsen trap, or air rifle if feasible, as stated will do but you'll need to ensure that you just catch Magpies and/or crows. Catching anything else (apart from game) is basically unlawful (and above all unecessary and cruel). You'll also have to be aware of the Animal Welfare Act, 2006.

You also need to make sure you have a good reason for doing it (live and let live and all that). Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE