Silverfire Scout

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'm a big fan of Tlud stoves, and that looks like a great design, and $60 is not bad; I wonder how much by the time it gets to us here, though?..I'm sure you'll love it!

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
Not as good as the original maybe, but a cheap knock off from China selling on EBay here, item number 400777791316

It's selling for around 8 quid, no idea about how long postage is though.

8ac70754f53c648a6c4417c61d840954.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
I do like the looks of Silverfire products though.

I have been looking at the Silverfire Hunter.
http://www.thesurvivalgardener.com/silverfire-hunter-review-a-super-efficient-tlud-stove/

I am thinking about removing the white inner insulation material wrapped around the outside of the burn chamber and using it as a wood burner for heating a small room. Of course a carbon monoxide alarm would be in place.

I hope this may deem a worthy heater solution, to use small dead dried branches, twigs and wood pellets as a fuel for heating and cooking.

I may a bid on one at EBay, again another Chinese knock off that's used and dented. So maybe a safely held experiment may be tried with it.

2a61f9f4e749603f6134111e1f368250.jpg

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
Here is a guy in America using the Silverfire Hunter as a wood burner heater, but he didn't mention about removing the inner heat insulation though, I'm hoping that may help expel more heat into the room also.

Of course, yet again, a Carbon monoxide alarm should be used. I've had carbon monoxide poisoning and it makes one feel drunk and tripping and lightheaded/tired in its early stages, luckily it was noticed. So once burnt, twice shy. 😊

http://youtu.be/1OZgiXp1Jio

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE