Silnylon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Im considering making a lghtweight tarp and Im told that silnylon is the way to go. Can anyone recommend somewhere to buy it from

Thanks

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Profabrics usually have Silnylon listed as Silicon Impregnated Nylon(which it is, its not coated), I haven't ever seen silnylon on Fabrics n stuff lists. Silnylon Here.

Shelby.fi in finland and Extremtextil.com in germany have some really nice cutting edge fabrics with great descriptions to help you. They aren't cheap though.

When I made my last tarp, I used PU coated waterproof nylon which actually weighed less than the silnylon from Pro-fabrics. Silnylon for the same weight, generally has a higher tear strength though.

For a true lightweight job, Spinnaker fabric comes in much lower weights.

For a true mental ultralightweight tarp, Cuben fibre is the way to go but will cost almost double everything else and need joining with Cuben tape, not stitching.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE