Silly season

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's the dreich end of Summer, a slow start to the Autumn, and folks are itching for it to get cold.

I think it's a bit like shedding a Summer coat and growing a Winter one; it doesn't quite feel right yet, so folks get a bit itchy and narky.

It'll settle :)

M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Achh it's just the usual few stirrers winding folks up. There will be 30 sum very chilled (hopefully) BC'ers away this weekend having fun.:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Och, no, no, no.....if you don't like the weather, just you hang on twenty minutes or so, there'll be another kind along directly :D

I jest you not, it's not unusual to have sunshine, calm, cloudy, rain, sleet, hail, snow, gales, and back to brilliant blue skies and sunshine, and all before lunch :)

Even HM the Q has brollies made to match every outfit :rolleyes:

cheers,
M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Och, no, no, no.....if you don't like the weather, just you hang on twenty minutes or so, there'll be another kind along directly :D

I jest you not, it's not unusual to have sunshine, calm, cloudy, rain, sleet, hail, snow, gales, and back to brilliant blue skies and sunshine, and all before lunch :)

Even HM the Q has brollies made to match every outfit :rolleyes:

cheers,
M

We laugh up here M at my pals house it's often raining out the back and sunny out the front at the same time.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
obviously its time to step back and have a cup of tea or a wee dram of your favourite poison regards dave

TomH

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2013
South Derbyshire
I know i'm not overly prolific on here but i cant really say i've noticed that.
I tend to avoid internet rows like the plague these days, they were for back for when i was a bored insecure late teenager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
cathartic

Pronunciation: /kəˈθɑːtɪk/
adjective

1. providing psychological relief through the open expression of strong emotions;

So in bushy contexts maybe:
Axe throwing

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yep it is starting to wind up a bit, but after years of watching the cycles you get used to it, I see this time of year and through the winder as a time that people on here consolidate friendships, get to know each other better etc but also we'll lose a few people that get wound up, we'll have people itching for an online fight and just end up getting booted etc and most will sit back and watch and wonder at other people and how they can cause so much agro, while we (Mods and Admin) try our best to be diplomatic, nice, polite, encouraging and keep threads on focus and arguments nipped in the bud....but our patience really will get tried over these coming months...

And then spring will come and flowers will bloom and so will the good will, all will be happy (optimism I know) and life will be good....

The best advice is to stay out of fights, don't be pedantic, proud or stubborn and abide by what the mods say...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE