sil-nylon supplier wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

quiggers

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2004
East Stratton
Hi All,

I've just got the tarp book from Ray Jardine and was going to have a go at making one..(same designs as go-lite cave)...but his tarp kits don't have the stealthy colours I was after.....

Does anyone know where I can get sil-nylon say1.1oz in earthy tones here inn the UK (or abroad even)...??

Cheers...
Quiggers..

EDIT - also if I'm not getting the fly from them I'll be after some no-seeum as well so any ideas on where I can get that as well ???

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
steve a said:
Have a look here
http://www.hike-lite.co.uk/cgi-bin/...P= &PN=GoLite_Cave.html#aGO_2dCAVE#aGO_2dCAVE
With a free nest saving you £79 :biggthump
I have delt with this company in the past and found them really good to deal with.

Even if you don't buy a tarp from them, make a note of that link. The sealant you will need for a home-made tarp is very hard to find and Hike-Lite stock it.

Incidentally, if you can't find Sil-Nylon I'd give coated Pertex a try. Slightly heavier, but very effective.

quiggers

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2004
East Stratton
thanks guys..

Adi - that pointnorth site looks ideal, it's got sil-nylon in forest green and it stocks midge netting as well - cheers...

I've had a look at hike-lite and it's a great site - although I only want a one man cave as the 2 men ones are cavernous..plus I've already bought the "make a tarp" book....but I will contact them for the sealant...

Cheers,
Quiggers..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE